Beginners and Beyond

Do I know you ThursDAILIES? (Read 42 times)

Cyberic

On the subject of being recognized....I got a discount from the bakery at the farmer's market because I am a loyal customer. I pay cash there, so it;s not like their seeing my name.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I guess when things eventually cool off, I'll move my track workouts to early morning before 5:30 AM. Until then, I might just keep it on Sundays or move it to Monday nights around 7:30 or 8 PM.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I would love to move my track workouts to early mornings like most of my other runs, but I am just concerned that the humidity would literally kill me... but I am not sure how it's going to work once school starts and how long practices that are on or around the track might last into the night 

Hey Parents with high school kids that are in sports, any idea how long practices normally are after school?

Even the grandkids are long out of HS, but my running club works out at a local HS track. We begin our track workouts at 6:30 pm. I'm usually there 45-60 minutes early to get in a few more easy miles in my warm up and the track is usually empty unless they've had a meet. Even then the meets are over by 6:00 pm.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

I ran 8. With a 20 minute break mid run to pet a dog and chat with his owner.

workinprogress11

7 for me.

xhristopher

I did not run Thursday but apparently I did run several Mondays ago.