Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Sundailies (Read 51 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And the Madison results have not updated in 15 minutes.  God dammit.

This.  Last one was at 3:03.  Damn it!  Update!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She is in!

Damaris

DavePNW

3:17!! WOO HOO! Hell of a time for a hilly course. Looks like 2nd AG! And 1st in her AG was OA winner, not sure if they double up on awards.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3:17!! WOO HOO! Hell of a time for a hilly course. Looks like 2nd AG! And 1st in her AG was OA winner, not sure if they double up on awards.

Ooh, down here, they don't, so she might end up being 1st AG!

Damaris

delicate flower

Great job, onemile!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A friend of mine is running the same race and she started around 15 minutes faster than she should have.  She started crashing at Mile 13 and she is running with her phone so I keep getting rings every mile of how much she has slowed.  Poor thing.

Damaris

delicate flower

Race website says "one award per person", so it sounds like an AG win to me!  1 OA gets $1500.  NICE.

<3

DavePNW

If you believe the race time converters, her time is equivalent to a 3:14:42 at Monumental. Not much consolation I imagine, but a good indicator of how impressive a performance it was.

Dave

onemile

Ouch. This is why I don't run hilly courses. I tried for a PR anyway but my legs were done by mile 16

DavePNW

Ouch. This is why I don't run hilly courses. I tried for a PR anyway but my legs were done by mile 16

Ugh. Sounds like a rough finish. Huge congrats though - a great job, and still a well-earned one of these.

Dave

Nicely done onemile! That's a fast time!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

Not a PR, but you earn street cred for doing a hilly marathon and that's even better than the AG win.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hilly course, delay one week, dog hurt, I think you did great, considering!

Damaris

Runshortii

Anyone else feel sick as hell in their stomach after racing a HM? Its happened to me every race. I always thought it was the gels. I didn't use gels this time and got the same feeling all day afterwards.

I felt this way after a HM i ran in the spring and after a 10 miler in the summer. My stomach was a wreck all day, i couldn’t eat anything. I don’t take gels for HMs so it wasn’t that. The night before the 10 miler i has pierogis and Mexican style corn in a cup for dinner at a festival so I chalked it up to pre race nutrition. After my marathon I felt fine

onemile - great job on a hilly course!! Was it raining at all up there?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great job nonetheless!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)