Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Sundailies (Read 51 times)

onemile

It's awesome to place in your age group in a marathon even though you should still be in recovery right now. Having said that, it's still a nice notch in the belt, so well done!

This is my first time placing in a marathon.  Small race.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So because of said game, I was rushing to get home after my run. I stopped at Meijer which meant I didn't have enough time to shower when I got home. Anyway, I showered at halftime (a full three hours after my run) and when I took off my sock and unzipped my tights, this little lady fell out.

Woah.

Damaris

Cyberic

Might not have been your best racing strategy given it's hilly course, but you pulled off excellent placing.

I checked in some Age Eq calculator and although I can't remember your age (put in 36) , it says it is a 3:06 equivalent of mine. On a hilly course.

LRB

Hey, Matthew Stafford is my fantasy QB so I wasn't happy about it myself.  Looks like they have gotten back on track now.

250 yds and 3 tds should make a Boon happy.

onemile

Might not have been your best racing strategy given it's hilly course, but you pulled off excellent placing.

I checked in some Age Eq calculator and although I can't remember your age (put in 36) , it says it is a 3:06 equivalent of mine. On a hilly course.

The first couple miles were downhill-ish but yeah. I meant to go a little more conservative at the start but I wanted to have a chance to PR yet - meant to aim for 3:13 - 7:21 pace and I think I was on 7:17ish at the half... If I had actually trained on hills it would have helped but of course I never intended to run a hilly race.

And you're close - I'm 35

LRB

The first couple miles were downhill-ish but yeah. I meant to go a little more conservative at the start but I wanted to have a chance to PR yet - meant to aim for 3:13 - 7:21 pace and I think I was on 7:17ish at the half... If I had actually trained on hills it would have helped but of course I never intended to run a hilly race.

And you're dead meat - I'm 35

FYP.

This is my first time placing in a marathon.  Small race.

Um yeah. 69 in AG, 430 women.

Dave

Runshortii

Workout with 9 miles with 4 miles at 7:20-7:25. I was dreading this workout all week because tempo runs are always a mind fuck for me and the last time I ran 4 miles consecutively below an 8:00 min mile was probably early September. But it wasn't horrible.

LRB

And in other news; internet rumor has it that Jay List PR'd the Syracuse Half today in 1:14:09, for a new VO2 Max value of GTFOH.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.3 easy miles. Decided to test the accuracy of the accelometer in the last part. Um, not so much. It was a .22 mile stretch of road, I got .16. Guess I need to break out the footpod and calibrate that. I want every damn mile I do counted on the treadmill.

Onemile, congrats on the AG win!

And in other news; internet rumor has it that Jay List PR'd the Syracuse Half today in 1:14:09, for a new VO2 Max value of GTFOH.

Holy crap. His log confirms. McMillan puts that at a 2:36 marathon; his actual PR is "only" 2:39:something.

How do you find out about this stuff?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

not only that, but the rumor is that he won the race as well, no?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Holy crap. His log confirms. McMillan puts that at a 2:36 marathon; his actual PR is "only" 2:39:something.

How do you find out about this stuff?

His FB page...

Damaris

workinprogress11

Popping in to say congrats to Onemile!  Running that close to a PR on hills you didn't train for is very impressive. I don't envy how sore I imagine you'll be tomorrow. Congrats on the AG win!

onemile

It looks like there were splits afterall. I didn't notice any mats on the course so I thought there were none

10K HALF 20M TIME
                                45:49:00 1:36:26 2:28:50 3:17:18

I guess I wasn't too far off from my plan to aim for 3:13-ish. I just didn't have it in me.

I think Runshortii asked about rain - no rain - it stopped before the start. Weather was pretty perfect.