Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Sundailies (Read 51 times)

onemile

Popping in to say congrats to Onemile!  Running that close to a PR on hills you didn't train for is very impressive. I don't envy how sore I imagine you'll be tomorrow. Congrats on the AG win!

Thank you!  How are you doing?

Half Crazy K 2.0

It looks like there were splits afterall. I didn't notice any mats on the course so I thought there were none

They had what looked like a radar gun at Baltimore at an unannounced split. I'm guessing it somehow picked up a signal from the bib.

DavePNW

It looks like there were splits afterall. I didn't notice any mats on the course so I thought there were none

Heh, all of your forum friends knew that. But they didn't post anything till after the finish, so we were still kept in suspense.

Dave

onemile

Heh, all of your forum friends knew that. But they didn't post anything till after the finish, so we were still kept in suspense.

I just checked right now 

workinprogress11

Thank you!  How are you doing?

Still jogging when the stars align properly.  Thanks for asking!

DavePNW

They had what looked like a radar gun at Baltimore at an unannounced split. I'm guessing it somehow picked up a signal from the bib.

At my last marathon they had some kind of scanners attached to stands, that picked up your bib as you ran past them. They were posted not at standard intervals but at turnaround points, to prevent course cutting. Which is why the posted splits were at bizarre distances, as some of you may recall.

Dave

delicate flower

Cat pukes on hardwood floor, cat then slips and falls in puke, cat then walks away creating a trail of cat puke footprints on the floor.  WTF, cat?

<3

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Still awesome.

Image result for Happy dance gif

Image result for Tom Cruise dance gif

Okay.... I'm done with the stupid gifs.... 

Great race onemile!  And... oops.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

At my last marathon they had some kind of scanners attached to stands, that picked up your bib as you ran past them. They were posted not at standard intervals but at turnaround points, to prevent course cutting. Which is why the posted splits were at bizarre distances, as some of you may recall.

The dumb thing with Baltimore is that they only had this at one point in the half. If someone was going to cut the course for the half, it would make sense to avoid the loop around the lake around mile 7 and skip the out and back after the lake. In the past, they had a photographer on the far side of the lake, I'm thinking as a catch.

The cheater radar probably would have worked better had they not tried to cheap out and only place the prior timing mat on half the road. I glanced at results and a number of people missed that mat, likely innocently, since the course was so crowded at that point.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cat pukes on hardwood floor, cat then slips and falls in puke, cat then walks away creating a trail of cat puke footprints on the floor.  WTF, cat?

At what point did you catch the cat?  Maybe not quite as bad a dog poop trailed through out the entire house, first & second floor.

delicate flower

At what point did you catch the cat?  Maybe not quite as bad a dog poop trailed through out the entire house, first & second floor.

I saw the entire thing.  I just let her puke because it was an easy spot to clean on the floor, and she was going to puke somewhere anyway.  I laughed when she fell over into though.  

<3

delicate flower

Um yeah. 69 in AG, 430 women.

Nothing wrong with that right there!  Mid-size...certainly not small.

<3

DavePNW

Nothing wrong with that right there!  Mid-size...certainly not small.

In case it was not clear, that was my point as well.

Dave

DavePNW

I saw the entire thing.  I just let her puke because it was an easy spot to clean on the floor, and she was going to puke somewhere anyway.  I laughed when she fell over into though.  

Sounds like she had the last laugh.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, actually, we had no way of tracking her until she finished.  But we were refreshing the fucking results every minute or so!

Damaris