Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #223 (Read 26 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Woke up this morning, wide awake. It was piss pouring rain, made it to the gym for a little bit of glutes, hammies and then Delts.

The rain nearly cleared up just enough for me to get in an easy 5.1 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

8 miles in 71 dewpoint joy

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

8 miles in 71 dewpoint joy

Yeah... I did not miss all this sweating that I so enjoyed not having so much last week.... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

Dave

30 mins pool mix, MIGHT go to Burke Lake tomorrow to run, WILL daydream about running Burke Lake for the rest of the day

LRB

LRB

Actually I don't know what the dewpoint was but there was sweat dripping off my fingers which is just ick. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 and weights. I have a doctor's appointment and might get my allergy shot as well since I took the day off so why not.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sadly, the first school that opened here went e-learning today due to the cases. They are probably going to try a hybrid method next. Ours is still online until Labor Day but I assume will do something similar after that.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Actually I don't know what the dewpoint was but there was sweat dripping off my fingers which is just ick. 

Yeah..... Sweat dripping nonstop... 

My son's school starts this Wednesday and I will be jumping for joy... Once I get back home and have recovered from the chaos of morning dropoff.

PRs

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran a mile (in place; Garmin seems to estimate pretty well), rode the bike for 20 mins and did some upper body stuff. cool and comfy in the basement but wish I was outdoors sweating it up!

DavePNW

Sadly, the first school that opened here went e-learning today due to the cases. They are probably going to try a hybrid method next. Ours is still online until Labor Day but I assume will do something similar after that.

Any that start in person, and have a policy of going remote if they get a certain number of cases - IDK what the point is of starting in person is, because it seems guaranteed they’ll get the cases. And then they’re back to where they would’ve been if they just started remote, except now there are a bunch of extra cases.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 10 with 10 x (1 km / 1 min) completely by feel, in 66 DP. Not Onemile level humid, but since I was doing a workout I was drenched by the end.

To make sure I was running by feel, I only had lap pace and lap time on my watch's display, and although I could do the math and calculate pace, I was not doing that. But, by the end of the split I knew how fast I went. Next time I might do 1000m/180m, which would be the same workout, but I could only have lap distance on the watch, and it would be the same as being on a track without a watch. Not sure I need to go there. All I want is to run by feel, without the watch influencing that.

Splits were (in minutes per mile, although they were 1K)

6:39, 6:25, 6:41, 6:26, 6:31, 6:25, 6:44, 6:29, 6:38, 6:26

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Any that start in person, and have a policy of going remote if they get a certain number of cases - IDK what the point is of starting in person is, because it seems guaranteed they’ll get the cases. And then they’re back to where they would’ve been if they just started remote, except now there are a bunch of extra cases.

Pretty much.

At least they were not the GA school which had no mask requirement and now it's closed for 2 days while they clean since they got 9 cases out of that.

Damaris

DavePNW

Pretty much.

At least they were not the GA school which had no mask requirement and now it's closed for 2 days while they clean since they got 9 cases out of that.

That’ll fix it. 

7 miles.

Dave