Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

11 miles total with 4x1.5 miles at just faster than gmp.

LRB... I've a question. Is there a route at grosse Iles that i can get a 3 mile cool down after the race?  I'm freaking out about the fact I'm supposed to run 16 that day per Hanson and I doubt I can get much of a warm up in. Usually i just start a half slow and then get to race pace. I can try to squeak one in but it depends on the carpooling situation.

Yes, I did 3 as a warm-up last year by just running until I reached a mile and a half then turned around.

It's actually quite big out there so it should not be a problem, just run where the wind takes you.

LRB

I have just been seated at the dentist for my filling. Boo. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rain started last night and will supposedly go on until Thursday.   Only misting this morning, so got up before 5 a.m. and was off to the university campus to get in my run/walk done before the heavy rain later in the day.   Misting rain, 100% humidity, dew-point of 62, temp of 63 degrees.  I personally felt really good out there, though, and did my 3-mile campus hill route.  Felt so good that after the last hill - I did 6 hills in all - I went for an extra mile.  Ended up with 4.2 miles total.  I had a GREAT run/walk, felt strong the whole way, even if i was a little wet from the light rain after I was done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have just been seated at the dentist for my filling. Boo. 

Well, then, after you are done I hope you are full.

LRB

Well, then, after you are done I hope you are full.

lol

Almost done.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Cy, I vote for the cruise intervals.   Running while on a cruise at this time of year sounds nice, get away from that cold for a while.

Check that. The wind is blowing steady at 18 MPH with gusts of up to 30. I am not running in that.  Man up, Buttercup!   Yeah, I would not run in that either, probably stuff flying all around...get you knocked in the head by a sailing trash can or some flying debris or a small dog- and-a-girl from Kansas......

Congrats on your dark miles, Lauren!  Hope your racing flats work out for you.

Fightin' the Man, Oski?  Sounds like you might need a little St. Patrick's Day libation after work...

Good luck with your miles, Damaris.  The way your weather is, probably a good thing you have a TM.  My closest 'treadmill' is at the airport...running the "moving sidewalk" in reverse of the direction it goes.  Now there's a mental picture for you...

Hope your BLAH goes away, Baboon, by run time!  If not, take a complete rest day, sounds like you earned it with all those miles.

Nice run and nice weather for you and Rocky, FreeSoul!  Umm, I'd rather bet YOUR ass, it's highly likely it's a lot more valuable than my old-man wrinkly butt.

Happy running, cjones1...hope your weather behaves for you!  It is getting warmer here by the day in San Antonio and I could not be happier about that...I much prefer warmer to colder.

75 degrees!  Nice, little blue..my kinda weather!   Sorry your kept days are over for now...

Nice progress, Step!  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Enjoy your fashion time, MarjorieAnn.  Tickets?  You're not one of the exhibitors?

Enjoy the easy miles, D2, and good luck with the upcoming half.

Nice run for you, Bertha!

B-Plus

Speaking of PT, my pre-run active stretches seem to be helping with my tight butt and hams. 10 later.

LRB

Originally reported by D:

http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-the-field/Two-Athletes-Shot-at-Ironman-in-Puerto-Rico.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebookpost

"Upon hearing the shots, a third athlete from New Hampshire crashed his bike into an anthill and suffered multiple bites."

Yeah no shit!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Haha Scotty lol. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

"Upon hearing the shots, a third athlete from New Hampshire crashed his bike into an anthill and suffered multiple bites."

Yeah no shit!

That was my friend's friend. I would have jumped off the bridge.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Check that. The wind is blowing steady at 18 MPH with gusts of up to 30. I am not running in that.

Looks like it will be a jog on the belt instead.

Hill work in disguise!

ive done it.  Raced in worse...  Not Fun!

LRB

Hill work in disguise!

ive done it.  Raced in worse...  Not Fun!

In the daylight I would not have thought twice. I had visions of downed powerlines and flying tree branches though and um, thought twice. lol

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Check that. The wind is blowing steady at 18 MPH with gusts of up to 30. I am not running in that.

Looks like it will be a jog on the belt instead.

Should have read this before I ran today. Wind at 20-25 mpw with gusts up to 35 so I ran 10.3 miles. Reminded me a lot of the First Jersey Shore Marathon back in January, 1972.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I did not run.

Scotty, I've never been on a cruise ship, but I've always thought it looked pretty boring. NTIWKAAT.