Beginners and Beyond

You've Got Another Thing Coming, WEDNESDAILIES (Read 59 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I'm on my way to the gym to do push-ups, ab work, and five miles at marathon pace. I'm looking forward to doubling because the sidewalks are clear enough for me to join the run club tonight. (It's been more than a month, BOO.)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Basaya - good luck on your double!

I have 3-4 miles planned for after work.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav, thank you. Enjoy your post-work three-to-four.

I just checked the ten-day forecast for Jerusalem. On race day and the preceding two days. It's supposed to be partly cloudy and, at most 57-59F. What a nice change from the weather in and around BostonSmile

LRB

I just checked the ten-day forecast for Jerusalem. On race day and the preceding two days. It's supposed to be partly cloudy and, at most 57-59F. What a nice change from the weather in and around BostonSmile

On the subject of weather, we have been getting our heads kicked in here in the Midwest!  Currently we have a wind chill of 2 here in the big mitten, and for the past three weeks, that has been the rule more than the exception.

On a brighter note, two weeks from today will be March 6.  That makes me happy because we will be closer to the end, than the beginning.

@runjerseygirl

4 miles early this morning.  Wasn't feeling this run. Wanted to call it quits after 3, but kept going. Windy and cold again.  Weights later today at lunch.

You know what show I miss?  Daria.  That is all.

Do you even run?

StepbyStep-SH

I'm up a bit early to work (really need to be writing a story that's due Friday, instead of spending time here), and will run after I take DS to school. 8 miles with the last 2-3 at "moderate" effort. I'm not certain what that is supposed to be, but since tomorrow calls for some 10k pace work, I think I'll make today's "moderate" effort about GMP.

Tonight, a local bike shop and a local triathlon coach are hosting a workshop on recovery, talking about compression gear and deep tissue massage. I'm planning to go just for some fun time hanging out. It may be more cyclists and triathletes than just runners, but I know several people from that group, too.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning everyone.

Rest day for me, I'm just TIRED.  Have my first 10K race Saturday and I need to get rested up a little before that so I don't embarrass myself.

Kay, do you know what show Daria debuted on?

Running for TJ because he can't.

flarunner

Mornin' Peeps!

Did a midweek long run of 10 this morning. It's amazing the difference between yesterday and today. Yesterday I left the house at 4:30, did 6 miles and saw no one. Today I left at 4:00, did 10 miles and had to stop for traffic 4 different times. Where are all these people going?

Have a great workout and a great day everyone!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

6.3 miles @ 8:04/mile done, nice easy run.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning everyone!

Just got back from spin class. "Speed day" today. Lots of intervals, sprints, "jumps" in and out of the seat, and short hills. Then did lots of stretching, including a few new ones the PT showed me yesterday and told me to start doing.

Have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DCDan78

Basya - have fun with the double.

Fustav - good luck with your run this evening.

Kay - awesome job pushing through and finishing 4!

step - enjoy joy the seminar.

Robert - sounds like a great day to rest.

Flarunner - great ten!

Dave - nice pace. Or at leat I think it is even when you're calling it easy.

I've got a blustery 30 min tempo run scheduled for lunch today. Depending on the weather I may push it to afternoon, though.

Just B.S.

Morning folks.

Feeling great after my swim/run double yesterday. 2nd one since Saturday, slept like a baby.

Was supposed to do the same today but our power went out at 9pm last night and put me way behind

on costume finishing/laundry/packing for my departure tomorrow morning.

So no swim this morning. And the freezing rain/snow/rain forecast today will put me on the hamster

wheel for 6 miles tonight. Plus I have an appointment at 3pm today......gotta run!

Hope you all have a great day and say prayers that my power stays on, otherwise I'm screwed!LOL

Kay, great job pushing through all four miles, when you didn't feel like it. I hope that you enjoy weight training.

Shari, have fun running this morning. I can't wait to read about the workshop.

Robert, have a refreshing rest day.

flarunner, ten miles already? Damn, you're good.

Dave, sweet easy run.

kristin10185, I'm glad that you had a great workout.

DCDan78,  enjoy your tempo run.

Beth, have a nice run. I hope that you have no more unpleasant surprises.

I just finished 5.01 miles in 45:00. I had the TM set to a 1.0 incline and 6.7mph (8:57) the entire time. It took about ten minutes before I was warmed up. The whole time, I was thinking "Who the **** am I kidding? There's no way in hell I'll be able to average this pace during the race."

I also did push-ups. Ab work will be done at some point later.

Just B.S.

Beth, have a nice run. I hope that you have no more unpleasant surprises.

I just finished 5.01 miles in 45:00. I had the TM set to a 1.0 incline and 6.7mph (8:57) the entire time. It took about ten minutes before I was warmed up. The whole time, I was thinking "Who the **** am I kidding? There's no way in hell I'll be able to average this pace during the race."

I also did push-ups. Ab work will be done at some point later.

Great run!!!!

In case the power goes out again, or I don't have enough time to get back on before I leave in the

morning just wanted to say.......have an amazing trip and a great race, what a fabulous experience

you are going to have!!! Best of luck and safe travels.