Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: As cool as the other side of the pillow (Read 30 times)

LRB

Good morning.

I ran 9 (that put me ahead of Jenny from the internet until she logs her run).

It was 59 degrees and wonderful. The run sucked but you can't have everything. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 9 with 3 @ MP tonight.

In court today.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 9 (that put me ahead of Jenny from the internet until she logs her run).

I guess it's not a good day to take a day off then 

LRB

I guess it's not a good day to take a day off then 

As good as any. In fact, if you take two days off you'll feel twice as good. 

RunningOnSand

Smile

Good morning, peeps! It looks like 9 is the lucky number to run for today. Aside from Jenny taking a possible rest day, I'm breaking the streak, by running 6.8 miles. I got up early (for me--4:45am), went to do my run, and I could tell by the warmup that today's workout was going to be a suckfest. It's supposed to be my last big workout before the marathon-- 3 x 3mi @ GHMP w/ 6 min jog recoveries. I bagged it after the first set and just ran easy to hit 60'ish minutes. Well, my legs said a big nope, and since DaveP's hip is no longer bothering him, my hip thought it would be good to bug me again. It kind of feels like a PSOAS strain or something. IDK. I have an appointment with the PT tomorrow so hopefully she'll announce that it's nothing major, do some cupping, and send me on my way.

I'm going to go dunk my head in coffee and jsut stay there for awhile. Holy moly I'm exhausted!

onemile

Re: the 10k race dilemma from yesterday. Coach voted for I love WI or Buffalo grove. So we decided to wait for the weather forecast and go with whichever one (Aug 30, 31, or Sept 1) had the more favorable conditions

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Another perfect morning for running after the sweat fest last week,  10.8 miles with mile warm-up, 4x2 miles at (very) old HMP with 3-5 minute rests between. 1.8 mile warm-down at MP. Felt better than I thought it might which I'll chalk up to the weather!

onemile...good idea!

Twelve point one was not much fun... right ham fascia a little tight from start to finish, didn't hurt but very tiring.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Third day in a row now that I've gotten up and worked out.

Image result for happy dance gif

Hit the gym, pissed that they've replaced the cable crossover machine with one that has the weight plate set to indicate the resistance rather than lbs... like motherfucker I am here to workout, not try to guess what the resistance is to lbs!!!!!!

Then I went to the riverfront for an easy out and back 3 that turned into a 3.4 miler with the 2nd and 3rd miles aimed at my old easy paces that are now just slightly beyond my comfort zone. Then powered up the .2 mile incline.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I'm thinking about unsaving some of the frequent numbers I use in my phone to help me memorize them. It's ridiculous that I don't know anyone's number anymore.

onemile

I'm thinking about unsaving some of the frequent numbers I use in my phone to help me memorize them. It's ridiculous that I don't know anyone's number anymore.

I have two numbers memorized. My own and Mr. O's.

LRB

I have two numbers memorized. My own and Mr. O's.

If you take work related numbers out of the mix, I'm not doing much batter!

Cyberic

Ran to work, and did a few strides and skips. The plan, though, was to run a 20 minute T, followed by 2 or 3 400s. After about 50 feet into my T section, I said fuck this, I'll do strides instead. So I put my backpack down to turn around and jog about 100m for my stride. As soon as I didn't have my backpack on, I was ok.  So trying to run a T workout with my backpack isn't so great, or would require quite an additional mental strength.

sdWhiskers

DS has a robotics camp (cool!) this week that only goes 9am-330 (not cool). If you have been following along, I usually run and then get to work by 7-730 so this is no bueno. Today was my turn for dropoff since DH had to leave for work at 530am soooo it made the morning challenging. I waited until DS woke up at 630 and then did my run, stopping by to check on him every so often. I think all the humidity everyone was whining about last week has arrived here as it was the grossest run of the summer so far for me (my phone says dew point is currently 69 which is horrible for here!). Plus I didn't get to work until late which meant traffic was at peak awfulness.

Anyways, I ran 5 that was just lame loops in the neighborhood. HR was high but my back is feeling ok. I dodged a bullet.

LRB