Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies # 209 (Read 26 times)

Cyberic

Morning

Yesterday I decided that for now I would keep training for the marathon as planned, and even let myself believe that it might happen.

This morning, it's 75 degree, 72 DP and it's going to be like that for the next couple of days. I'm not going to repeat what I did just a couple of weeks ago GDI. So I'll start the week with just easy runs. So much for marathon training, lol

onemile

This morning, it's 75 degree, 72 DP and it's going to be like that for the next couple of days. I'm not going to repeat what I did just a couple of weeks ago GDI. So I'll start the week with just easy runs. So much for marathon training, lol

Similar temp / dewpoint here and it's the 3rd day in a row of it.  I think I'm gonna just take a rest day and the rest of the week looks better here.

I usually take a day off every 3-4 weeks and today seems like a good day to not run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

According to Strava Support:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD for me.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I like what Strava put in bold in that message.  I like it because THEY DON'T RESPOND TO ANYTHING ANYWAY. 

<3

DavePNW

I can’t remember if this got posted or referenced yesterday.

Garmin Fenix smartwatches hit with GPS, run and activity saving glitch amid outage

Dave

onemile

DavePNW

I like what Strava put in bold in that message.  I like it because THEY DON'T RESPOND TO ANYTHING ANYWAY. 

LOL. I can’t think of a reason to ever contact Strava about anything. Maybe I should contact them to complain about the email they sent this morning, unceremoniously stripping me of my Local Legend status for a really stupid 0.1 mile segment, when they never told me I was the Local Legend on that to begin with.

Dave

DavePNW

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

morning...toasty warm and humid here as well. I decided to rest my left hip/groin issue which was really bothering me yesterday after running. Rode the stationary bike and did some other stuff. Probably just as well as when I took the dog out I thought I was waking in a pool it was so humid!

My workout did upload ot he Garmin app today so my manual upload was duplicative.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran about 10.5 miles. I was so glad I changed my mind about a workout, as I would have started digging myself in the ground again. Just running easy becomes difficult enough for me.

As for marathon training, well I think I'm doing all I can while staying smart.

onemile

Ran about 10.5 miles. I was so glad I changed my mind about a workout, as I would have started digging myself in the ground again. Just running easy becomes difficult enough for me.

As for marathon training, well I think I'm doing all I can while staying smart.

honestly I don't think there is much benefit to attempting a workout in those conditions. better to save it for another day.

Cyberic

honestly I don't think there is much benefit to attempting a workout in those conditions. better to save it for another day.

Absolutely agree. The week that I took two days off in, it was actually pretty good weather. So I killed myself in humid weather, and then had to take some days off from exhaustion when it was relatively nice out. That was pretty stupid.

Baboon

delicate flower

LOL. I can’t think of a reason to ever contact Strava about anything. Maybe I should contact them to complain about the email they sent this morning, unceremoniously stripping me of my Local Legend status for a really stupid 0.1 mile segment, when they never told me I was the Local Legend on that to begin with.

I've had a couple of issues pop up that I wanted explained, such as:

1)  Strava counts total time biking instead of just moving time, which is frustrating when your watch and every other fitness site says 20 mph avg but Strava says 19.8.

2)  For a while, Strava was not showing swim laps.  Imagine going for a 20 mile run, and the only data you see is your total miles, time, and avg pace.

In both cases I looked through the Strava customer support page and saw a lot of people complaining with Strava never responding to anyone. 

<3