Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies # 209 (Read 26 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

I can’t remember if this got posted or referenced yesterday.

Garmin Fenix smartwatches hit with GPS, run and activity saving glitch amid outage

It's funny because this happened to me this morning!  I have a .45 mile loop around my block that I do when I need to stay close to home and want something flat.  I glance at my watch after each lap.  After lap one today, it showed 3:37 moving time with 0.0 miles.  So I stopped the watch, rebooted it, cleared all history, and it worked fine the rest of the way.  That's one run down today.  I still have to run again.

<3

DavePNW

LOL. I can’t think of a reason to ever contact Strava about anything. Maybe I should contact them to complain about the email they sent this morning, unceremoniously stripping me of my Local Legend status for a really stupid 0.1 mile segment, when they never told me I was the Local Legend on that to begin with.

Hey! Got my title back. Garmin’s back. All is right with the world. Except for being Monday. 

7 miles.

MTA: This morning’s run showed up in the GC app on my phone, even though it still had the server maintenance message. It also showed up on Strava. The last 5 runs all showed up in RA. Sounds like not everyone’s 100%, but hunky dory for me so far. I guess we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Google said today they are not bringing employees back until at least July 2021...wonder how many other employer will follow suit. Hard to see how places like NYC survive this mess, at least in a form similar to pre-pandemic. Even if employees return to office towers, and they figure out how to get them up and down the elevators, the damage done in the meantime is going to be hard to reverse quickly. Also just saw that the Miami Marlins cancelled their home opener after a number of players tested positive. They had just played a series in Philadelphia. The Yankees are the next visitor to Philly; I'm sure the players will be excited about occupying that clubhouse...Sorry to be a downer. 

On a brighter note, the stock market, at least the large-cap (mostly technology) stocks, doesn't seem to care and keeps going up! 

KCRuns

Good morning!  It was 75 degrees and 100% humidity at run time, so I opted for an iFit run/walk program on the treadmill instead.  3.33 miles total.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wolvmar, I'm surprised there isn't news that the Phillies need to have players quarantine too. I wonder how much longer we have a baseball season?

DavePNW

Also just saw that the Miami Marlins cancelled their home opener after a number of players tested positive.

Eight players plus two coaches! How could we have known this could happen?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Eight players plus two coaches! How could we have known this could happen?

According to Sports Illustrated, it's a total of 14. The 10 are new cases

LRB

All is right with the world. Except for being Monday.

Mine thus far..

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Google said today they are not bringing employees back until at least July 2021...wonder how many other employer will follow suit. Hard to see how places like NYC survive this mess, at least in a form similar to pre-pandemic. Even if employees return to office towers, and they figure out how to get them up and down the elevators, the damage done in the meantime is going to be hard to reverse quickly. Also just saw that the Miami Marlins cancelled their home opener after a number of players tested positive. They had just played a series in Philadelphia. The Yankees are the next visitor to Philly; I'm sure the players will be excited about occupying that clubhouse...Sorry to be a downer. 

On a brighter note, the stock market, at least the large-cap (mostly technology) stocks, doesn't seem to care and keeps going up! 

I am sure MLB will end up canceling eventually.

Damaris

DavePNW

I am sure MLB will end up canceling eventually.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what they do. And for those schools still planning to start in person - I imagine as the cases start to pile up, as they most assuredly will, they'll go back to remote. Probably within the first week or two.

Dave

DavePNW

Oh and heat wave in Seattle - 88 today!  Still cools down at night, and not so humid, so early AM runs are just fine.

Dave

DavePNW

Google said today they are not bringing employees back until at least July 2021...wonder how many other employer will follow suit.

I saw that in today's WSJ. Another article there about the future of WFH indicates a survey of corporate leaders showing 82% plan to allow remote work at least some of the time, indefinitely.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh and heat wave in Seattle - 88 today!  Still cools down at night, and not so humid, so early AM runs are just fine.

I'm looking forward to next week when our highs are "only" going to be around 88. It's supposed to be 98 today. Dewpoint right now is 73, so it's jkust lovely out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just saw the Yankees v Philly game was postponed.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Just saw the Yankees v Philly game was postponed.

With the Tigers tied for the central division lead, American league best record and MLB best record, at 2-1, it may just be time to shut things down and declare them a co-champion!