Beginners and Beyond

HOLY %!IT Tuesdailies (Read 19 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I assume this is all over the national news at this point. This is just unbelievable. The Key Bridge was actually visible from certain hills around me.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I assume this is all over the national news at this point. This is just unbelievable. The Key Bridge was actually visible from certain hills around me.

Just watched a video of it. I can't imagine how that could happen.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

It is the top story on most national news outlets.  It was the first thing I saw when I picked up my phone this morning.  I can't imagine what that is going to do to traffic for the foreseeable future.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Re: run, I ran 9 hilly miles this morning.  It was much faster than it felt.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Has this basically closed Baltimore harbor until the wreckage is cleared?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles. Kinda surprised not to see helicopters hovering in the distance when I stopped on a hill. The Key Bridge wasn't quite visible from there, but cranes on the port are.

Baboon,  after holy shit, my next thought was traffic is so, so fucked. I take the Harbor tunnel through away (exit before the tunnel) to get to work. I've resigned myself to driving through the city for probably the rest of my career,  cause I don't see this being a quick fix.

Fred, I assume so. I'm not sure if anything can come in through Sparrows Point or Hawkins Point, which are before the Bridge. I'm guessing they're blocked right now.

ETA, I would hope county, state and federal officials use common sense and tell anyone who can wfh to do so.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is crazy and sad. Reminds me of the collapse of the FIU bridge in Miami. And the 7 that are MIA are probably dead, sadly. Sad

Nevermind, I saw 20 missing now?

I have 7 later. And the massage therapist.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, not sure of the numbers. News is still reporting 7 missing.  I just saw there is a no fly area, so that explains why I didn't see any helicopters.

DavePNW

It was the first thing I saw when I picked up my phone this morning.  I can't imagine what that is going to do to traffic for the foreseeable future.

Same, and this was my first thought too. 

6 miles that felt more comfortable than yesterday, but wasn’t actually a whole lot faster. I’ll take it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

3 miles, feeling horribly out of shape. Usually I see crazy stuff on my run but today it was on my drive to work, like a mile from my house. Guy pushing shopping cart in one lane of the 6-lane road. He stops and runs into the other 2 lanes yelling and waving his arms. I come to a stop and inch around him, wanting no part in that. Just glad to be in my car and not running.

The video of the collapse is impressive--the whole thing comes down in like 3 seconds! Maybe build it in sections next time?

MTA: my dad spent his entire career doing construction on bridges. So sad to see the missing people are seemingly from a construction crew.

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers,  it looks like it was built in sections.  The MD Transportation Authority had a FB post on 3/23 with pictures of the construction. That was the bridges birthday (47 years).

ETA, had the wrong type of bridge.  But it somehow when it got hit, basically everything came down aside from the scary ass approach.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I actually managed to run some intervals down at the track today; my first in two months.  4 x 1 mile w/400m recoveries.  7½ miles for the day.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fred, that's quite a jump back into interval workouts.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred, that's quite a jump back into interval workouts.

Well, I wasn't running 5k speed or anything like that.  Rather, somewhere between 10k and HM.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Well, I wasn't running 5k speed or anything like that.  Rather, somewhere between 10k and HM.

LOL, I would much rather do 400s at 5k pace than 1 mile at 10k or HM pace.