Beginners and Beyond

A good SaturDAILIES starts with a good coffee (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

Cyberic

I just love my coffee in the morning, even more so when I am not rushing to drink it.

I will run during DD's soccer practice.

I have my foot under control. I tried many things, but what works best is 2 Ibuprofen pills after a run that gave my foot an extra pounding. Maybe once or twice a week. It gets the swelling under control immediately. I then ice it for 15 minutes later (when I'm home) and it's pretty much all good. I tried the anti-inflammatory topic cream (Voltaren), and it seems to mask the pain for a few hours, but when the effect wears off, the pain comes back.

It is not cured, just as my Achilles still isn't, but I found a routine and shoes so I can still train properly.

LRB

I just love my coffee in the morning, even more so when I am not rushing to drink it.

That's the reason I get up 80 minutes before I run during the week, to enjoy that quiet time while nursing my mug.

Today I'll take it to go, though. I'm going to drive over to the trail and run there. It's a bit of an inconvenience just to run, but it breaks up the monotony of my three neighborhood routes. Plus there's tons of runners there, so that's a bonus to my usual isolation.

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning, friends.  My back, shoulders, and arms are all tired and sore from all the swimming the last few days.  I just got back from a hilly 8 mile run.  Full humidity is back and I was a soaked, sweaty mess by the end of the run.  Gross.  I usually wear sunglasses mainly to keep the gnats out of my eyes, but they were totally fogging up so I had to stick them in my pocket.  7:44 pace for those 8 miles, thus concludes today's training schedule.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Coffee, blech!  Can't even stand the smell of the stuff.  My day usually starts with oatmeal and orange juice.

I told you the Running Gods love me. Raining like all get-out at 3 pm at UTSA but I told a co-worker it will stop by 4 when I get off because I'm going running. And it did. Got in a nice 3.2 mile run/walk at Hardberger Park - although wet wet wet and splashing through some water - and there were even other crazy runners like me out there. Park was surprisingly busy on a lousy weather day. After I finished, got in the car, and headed home, and THEN all the rain came. Someone up there is watching out for me.

Dang, didn't even get on the computer at all on Friday. Physical therapy evaluation, then downtown to get a city permit for a project; then take 2 cats to the vet, and finally get my injections for my spinal arthritis. After that I was wiped and pretty much snoozed in my chair at home off-and-on. Today, back is a bit sore from the injection, so just taking it easy. By tomorrow I know, from past experience, the stuff will have kicked in and I will be feeling great.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

That's the reason I get up 80 minutes before I run during the week, to enjoy that quiet time while nursing my mug.

Today I'll take it to go, though. I'm going to drive over to the trail and run there. It's a bit of an inconvenience just to run, but it breaks up the monotony of my three neighborhood routes. Plus there's tons of runners there, so that's a bonus to my usual isolation.

My quiet coffee time on weekdays is drinking the 2 cups in a travel mug while driving to the gym near work. Sometimes at night I actually get excited thinking about the next morning, when I can have my coffee. Coffee coffee coffee.

Up at 4:30 on a Saturday for no good reason. Plan to run soon before it gets too warm. By PNW standards. Mid-80's forecasted, which literally triggers a heat advisory around here.

Oh, and celebrating my anniversary today.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I figured I'd wait til today to let you all know how Dorian did at his first "race". He wasn't too sure about the darkness, even with my headlamp and a flashlight, but he enjoyed himself. I didn't push him, I just wanted him to have fun... but not take all night.

We finished the 5k in like an hour, my longest 5k but his fastest, he looked so cute running for the finish and stopping to look up to the RD who was cheering him on lol. Then he wanted to check out the timing mat, lol.

This morning I took him (in his stroller) and Jetta to the river front for a 2.6 mile run before meeting up with Jumpstart and running an additional 2 miles before heading back to the Tahoe and ending with 6 miles total. It was 70 degrees and 90% humidity, but more importantly.... no wind and I was sweating... and I had my shirt off, and was still sweating like crazy . Thankfully it was 100% cloudy too.

Hoping to get in another 4 miles sometime this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Sometimes at night I actually get excited thinking about the next morning, when I can have my coffee. Coffee coffee coffee.

That and my wine at night, which by the way I'm in day 4 of 10 of abstaining from adult beverages.

Cyberic

Hope you have a nice -not so boring- run with fellow runners, LRB

Baboon, nice brisk pace on those 8 miles.

Scotty, it's gotta be your karma

Happy birthday, Mr. PNW. Enjoy your run.

FS, hi-five Dorian for me.

I ran 9.6.

LRB

After initially toying with the idea of running 10, I ended up with 8. I just decided to have a nice strong run with minimal recovery instead of going for 90 minutes and possibly affecting my energy for tomorrow's run.

Cyberic

After initially toying with the idea of running 10, I ended up with 8. I just decided to have a nice strong run with minimal recovery instead of going for 90 minutes and possibly affecting my energy for tomorrow's run.

Smart.

DavePNW

12 progressive: 2 @9:00, 4 @8:15, 3 @7:45, 2 @7:20, 1 @7:08.

It was hard.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 10 TM miles tonight.  And I don't drink coffee!

Cy, you should try finding the root of the problem and not treat the pain.  Hoping it gets better soon!

Damaris

LRB

Smart.

Maple flavored donuts have been my favorite for a million years, and it's been about that long since I've had one. Well, I brought one home from work yesterday to have post-run this morning and it really wasn't all that good. In fact, I threw most of it in the garbage. I work too hard for my calories, I'm not wasting them on some crap that's not even worth it.

If I ever find myself in your 'hood, you're gonna have to hook me up, yo.

LRB

Morning!  I have 10 TM miles tonight.  And I don't drink coffee!

Cy, you should try finding the root of the problem and not treat the pain.  Hoping it gets better soon!

He knows, he's trying it his way first.

How's your breathing?