Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are for running and stuff. (Read 31 times)

onemile

It's short of 200m.

For some reason I thought your track was similar to mine, which is about 3.5 laps per mile. Just short of 450m.

LRB

RD

I used an indoor track regularly when I lived in CT years ago. 8 laps = 1 mile and it was boring but better than running outside in the cold and sketchiness.

Bonus points for the use of sketchiness. 🏆

Cyberic

For some reason I thought your track was similar to mine, which is about 3.5 laps per mile. Just short of 450m.

I've been jealous of yours for quite some time now Smile

Runshortii

I have 8 to do.

My gym has an indoor track. It’s 6 laps to a mile which isn’t bad, but it’s easy for me to lose track of which lap I’m on and I don’t have a foot pod or whatever they are for my garmin

onemile

I've been jealous of yours for quite some time now Smile

I can't go to mine during lunchtime though. It's not close enough to where I work

KCRuns

I have 8 to do.

My gym has an indoor track. It’s 6 laps to a mile which isn’t bad, but it’s easy for me to lose track of which lap I’m on and I don’t have a foot pod or whatever they are for my garmin

I have the Garmin Vivoactive 3 and it has an indoor track feature.  I've used it a few times at an indoor track here (12 laps= 1 mile) and I think it was pretty accurate.  I counted laps for the first mile and got a mile alert at the right spot.  I looked at my final time and pace at the end and it was in line with my usual easy pace.  I was pretty impressed with it the few times I tried it indoors.

Cyberic

I have the Garmin Vivoactive 3 and it has an indoor track feature.  I've used it a few times at an indoor track here (12 laps= 1 mile) and I think it was pretty accurate.  I counted laps for the first mile and got a mile alert at the right spot.  I looked at my final time and pace at the end and it was in line with my usual easy pace.  I was pretty impressed with it the few times I tried it indoors.

You're lucky. The watch's internal accelerometer doesn't work well for many people. In my case, it's ridiculously off. My understanding is it has to do with the way you run, the arm swing.

DavePNW

I’ll be the Damaris today: 67 dewpoint! But no complaints, it felt great, although again started to feel a bit warm near the end. 10 miles mostly along the ocean. Tons of runners out.

Dave

delicate flower

Holy hell is work busy.  I walked in the door almost six hours ago and am just coming up for air.  Speaking of which, I swam 2800 yards before work and have an 8 mile run later.  Got to leave work a little early to pick up my car from the shop (routine 60K service).

Hey, since ROS is complaining about not enough pages in the dailies, maybe you wanted to spend some time chatting about the Bears-Rams game last night? The game that was so action-packed, that the fantasy point leader for both teams was their defense/special teams. You might also want to talk about how well Jared Goff did for your fantasy team.

I am glad KCRuns saw a good game and had fun.  Cam Newton is my other QB and he didn't do much better with his busted up shoulder (10 points I think).  I figure the two would have been a toss up, so I went with the guy who I normally cheer for.  Good thing these playoffs are two week games!

<3

onemile

I ran 8.5 miles with 8x2 min on/ 2 min off. Paces for "on" ranged from 6:40 to 5:53 lol. 6:15 avg.

Does anyone else have a problem when running in the cold into the wind where they get a lot of snot/gunk/phlegm in their nose and throat?   it makes it harder to breathe when running hard and it's gross.

Cyberic

I can't go to mine during lunchtime though. It's not close enough to where I work

At least I'm not losing on all fronts.

onemile

At least I'm not loosing on all fronts.

*losing

Cyberic

I ran 8.5 miles with 8x2 min on/ 2 min off. Paces for "on" ranged from 6:40 to 5:53 lol. 6:15 avg.

Does anyone else have a problem when running in the cold into the wind where they get a lot of snot/gunk/phlegm in their nose and throat?   it makes it harder to breathe when running hard and it's gross.

I don't run hard outside often in the cold, but it's because of the state of the ground. But it doesn't really do that to me. I know what you mean, though, as when I run with others sometimes their nose/throat fills with phlegm and they have a hard time talking.

Cyberic

workinprogress11

Boot day 63.

I also prefer an indoor track to a treadmill. Where I used to live there was an indoor track that was 5 laps to the mile and was in an interesting shape, not just a circle. I used it daily for two winters because it sure beat being cold outside. If my stupid foot ever heals, I’ll have to see if there’s anything like that where I live now.