Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are for running and stuff. (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have the Garmin Vivoactive 3 and it has an indoor track feature.  I've used it a few times at an indoor track here (12 laps= 1 mile) and I think it was pretty accurate.  I counted laps for the first mile and got a mile alert at the right spot.  I looked at my final time and pace at the end and it was in line with my usual easy pace.  I was pretty impressed with it the few times I tried it indoors.

My TomTom has both an indoor track and a TM feature.  The TM is pretty good, but I've not had a chance to test it on the indoor track.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I’ll be the Damaris today: 67 dewpoint! But no complaints, it felt great, although again started to feel a bit warm near the end. 10 miles mostly along the ocean. Tons of runners out.

67 dewpoint is not humid, though. 

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 8.5 miles with 8x2 min on/ 2 min off. Paces for "on" ranged from 6:40 to 5:53 lol. 6:15 avg.

Does anyone else have a problem when running in the cold into the wind where they get a lot of snot/gunk/phlegm in their nose and throat?   it makes it harder to breathe when running hard and it's gross.

My nose will get clogged up, but I've never had that extend to my throat.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

67 dewpoint is not humid, though. 

It is when you haven't been running in it.

DavePNW

It is when you don’t live in Florida. 

This.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I just end up having to blow my nose every 1/10th of a mile. I have sinus/allergy issues year around, so I'm used to breathing through my mouth. Winter is just a bit more active.

I had 10 miles with 5 at LT. My tempo paces are a bit slower than they should be, but faster than HM, so it will do.

sdWhiskers

Bonus points for the use of sketchiness. 🏆

Double bonus points for never being robbed or assaulted during the times I did run outside in the sketchiness.

Runshortii

I ran 8 with 10x30 seconds hard in the middle miles. It wasn't bad. It was sunny and the 30 degrees felt warm. Did some upper body and leg work at the gym aftewards

KCRuns

I ran 8.5 miles with 8x2 min on/ 2 min off. Paces for "on" ranged from 6:40 to 5:53 lol. 6:15 avg.

Does anyone else have a problem when running in the cold into the wind where they get a lot of snot/gunk/phlegm in their nose and throat?   it makes it harder to breathe when running hard and it's gross.

Yes.  And it's gross.  I carry kleenex in my pocket and frequently have to blow my nose when running in the winter.

KCRuns

I don't know when I'll get to the gym today.  I forgot I have a lunch with a buyer today, so it'll have to be sometime later this afternoon.  We'll see how the day unfolds.

Looks like this isn't going to happen.  My lunch was nearly 3 hours and I only have an hour or so left in the day to get shit done.  So today will be an USRD.

Half Crazy K 2.0

All the time. My old neighbor was horrified that he saw me blowing snot rockets. He tried to get my DH to be equally horrified, DH didn't care.

Cyberic

All the time. My old neighbor was horrified that he saw me blowing snot rockets. He tried to get my DH to be equally horrified, DH didn't care.

That's gross and funny at the same time. 

onemile

My problem is not so much the snot in my nose as much as the gunk in my throat , which is harder to clear out and the combination makes it harder to breathe hard

Half Crazy K 2.0

My problem is not so much the snot in my nose as much as the gunk in my throat , which is harder to clear out and the combination makes it harder to breathe hard

In yet another display of my feminine habits, I hack that stuff up while running.