Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are for running and stuff. (Read 31 times)

LRB

snot

This could be my nickname while running in cold temps. It comes out of everywhere, my snout, my mouth, and probably my ass too if I wasn't wearing pants. lol

Cyberic

In yet another display of my feminine habits, I hack that stuff up while running.

Note to myself: no FE in the winter 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Note to myself: no FE in the winter 

Unless it's with Damaris in Florida.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just end up having to blow my nose every 1/10th of a mile. I have sinus/allergy issues year around, so I'm used to breathing through my mouth. Winter is just a bit more active.

I had 10 miles with 5 at LT. My tempo paces are a bit slower than they should be, but faster than HM, so it will do.

That is me as well. Between the asthma and the allergies, the high winds that come with cold weather makes me cough and snot rocket my way through a cold run.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My problem is not so much the snot in my nose as much as the gunk in my throat , which is harder to clear out and the combination makes it harder to breathe hard

Cough it out!  If it continues happening, I would get it checked for exercised induced asthma.  Cold weather is a trigger for a lot of people with asthma.  And that's how I feel during most of my runs even with medication.  The phlegm on the throat that never goes away.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In yet another display of my feminine habits, I hack that stuff up while running.

I have pulled a rib out of place doing exactly this!

RD for me.  Just got home. After Pilates I still had to vote in our run off election and it took me 35 minutes to drive the 3 miles to it and then had to go to the supermarket.  Sad because it's 59F and by tomorrow, the cold weather will be gone.  Sigh.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Unless it's with Damaris in Florida.

Damaris

KCRuns

I can’t believe I forgot to post this this morning. I got into the lottery for Chicago next year! 

onemile

Cough it out! 

coughing during a hard interval when I am trying to breathe is exactly the problem, not the solution

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can’t believe I forgot to post this this morning. I got into the lottery for Chicago next year! 

Yay!!  See you there. Big grin

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

coughing during a hard interval when I am trying to breathe is exactly the problem, not the solution

Cough it on the recoveries!

Damaris

onemile

Cough it on the recoveries!

well of course, but that doesn't help me when I'm trying to breath during the interval.

DavePNW

Woo hoo!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill. I do have enough class to not blow snot rockets while indoors

DavePNW

5 on the treadmill. I do have enough class to not blow snot rockets while indoors

Heh. Well, I’m not so much a snot rocket blower, but I am a serial spitter. Can’t even imagine counting how many times I spit during a run. I hardly ever treadmill anymore. But I was on a hotel treadmill a while back, and just out of habit I hocked one on the floor next to me.  Fortunately no one else was in the fitness center.

Dave