Beginners and Beyond

Bizarre Ass Weather Saturday (Read 41 times)

LRB

We've had it all this week; snow, rain, sleet, fog, more snow.

Yesterday morning it went from 54 and dry, which had me lay out shorts and a singlet to run in, to 38 and a downpour....all while I was drinking my coffee!

Sigh.

Anyway, right now it's 10 with a wind chill of fts. I'm not sure what I'm doing, or where I'm doing it at.

What about you?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On the plane about to leave for the big TX.  Went to bed early and chest is still congested and my body is tired from lack of breathing. Great timing!  RD for me.

Damaris

No more marathons

On my way to LA from North Carolina.

Weather was cold and getting colder when I left for the airport at 4:15 AM (yuck).

LA is calling for 80 degrees.

I brought running shoes, shorts, and shirt - so I'm hoping to get a run in today.

That will complete my 9 year journey.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I am signed up for a xc ski class today but we are 6 inches short of the required 6 inches of snow so class is canceled.

No more marathons

I am signed up for a xc ski class today but we are 6 inches short of the required 6 inches of snow so class is canceled.

LMAO.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Runshortii I am almost tempted to run your F3 half with the weather expected last weekend. 

Baboon

delicate flower

'Satur! I'm about to go to the now-clear track and enjoy some of this ass weather.

LOL... Sorry. Wife bought xc skis and they were delivered Thursday, then yesterday warm rain washed ALL the snow away.

<3

onemile

LOL... Sorry. Wife bought xc skis and they were delivered Thursday, then yesterday warm rain washed ALL the snow away.

There is a mile long loop with man made snow but even that is closed now with all the warm weather and rain on Wed/Thurs.

LRB

On my way to LA from North Carolina.

Weather was cold and getting colder when I left for the airport at 4:15 AM (yuck).

LA is calling for 80 degrees.

I brought running shoes, shorts, and shirt - so I'm hoping to get a run in today.

That will complete my 9 year journey.

It's been one helluva ride.

RunningOnSand

Howdy, gang.

IDK what the hell i'm going to do today. Motivation is lacking. Kids' activities are right in the middle of the day (and also was at the butt crack of dawn today) so again I'm faced with the dilemma of running today or tomorrow? I'm tempted to just move my miles to tomorrow. Hoping I'll be more motivated and more energetic. 

Docket, hoping you're going to magically improve on the airplane to TX to crush your marathon.

LRB, what did you decide on?

Bluesky, 9 years?! That is impressive. Shorts & a tank sounds heavenly (even the 80* part, which I usually hate).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I slept the whole flight. Hoping it helps. I think it’s an asthma bout and allergies and not the flu.

Damaris

Runshortii

Runshortii I am almost tempted to run your F3 half with the weather expected last weekend. 

I’m pretty happy with how the weather forecast is turning out. Except now that there’s going to be decent weather it makes me think maybe I could actually PR

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LRB - Crazy weather right?  Last night I was in shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt.  This morning I was 2 layers on bottom, 3 layers on top, hat and gloves.  Less than 12 hours difference.

Docket - Just get as much rest as you can.  Looks like nice cool weather in Houston.  Go rock it!

bluesky - Sorry if a dumb question, but what was the 9 year journey?  Enjoy the warm weather in LA!

onemile - Sucks about your XC class... nature has a mind of her own.  And that's great news about Gracie too!

Baboon - A clear track this time of year is a blessing... enjoy!

ROS - Yep, life.  Hope you get those miles in today or tomorrow.  Take it in stride.

Shortii - Good luck!

I got 10.1 in this morning.  26 degrees colder than yesterday evening's run.  Tomorrow morning it will be down to the mid-teens.  I think the weather is going schizo.  Is there a cure?

Believe it or not, I have no race scheduled yet for 2018.  I guess I'm glad I'm in the 2018 miles game, or else I'd have no motivation to run right now (can't let my teammates down!).  I might just swing for the fence and sign up for a 50M or 100K this spring, whether I'm ready or not.  What's the worst that can happen?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

zzyzx

It was in the 50s here and the flowers are starting to come up and I did 7 at 8:33, walked a quarter mile, and then did one more at 8:54. So I got my 8 miles in, not all at once, but a start.

I then walked home and there was a light mist falling and I took off my shirt and listened to some music and enjoyed the runner's high.

LRB

LRB, what did you decide on?

I ran 8 on route number 3. It wasn't so much the cold or the thin but omnipresent snow and ice on the sidewalks, but more of the wind. Damn that bitch was blowing strong. It beat me up. I feel like I ran 16 miles!

It was nice to get off of the belt though so I'm good. 👍