Beginners and Beyond

Day Pass ThursDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

I was so hungry I locked myself out of my work vehicle.

#idiot

#dingbat

#dingaling

onemile

#idiot

#dingbat

#dingaling

Is that where you keep your snacks?

LRB

The mileage number is going up, and the scale number is going down.  Fuck yeah!

Wonderful. Cool

I haven't weighed myself since....well, I don't even know; forever? lol

That will once again be my focus though before I get serious with training in a few weeks. I've been on the wagon (no alcohol) for 12 days now, and will probably ride it well into February.

Cyberic

#idiot

#dingbat

#dingaling

Damn!

LRB

Is that where you keep your snacks?

I am pretty much on empty on chewables which is why I lost my noodle trying to grab an earlier than usual lunch. The funny thing is is that as soon as the locks clicked as I was walking away, I was like oh shit! Now why couldn't I remember that a few seconds sooner. Argh.

LRB

Damn!

I'm back on the road, with a happy tummy no less. Smile

Cyberic

Ran 4.4 miles with a faster 5K section, outside, on the sidewalks.

I wanted to make it a Tempo 5K. On the 3rd beep  (auto-split every kilometre) it was a little under 4:00 (3:57 IIRC). I remembered my first K was done in a little less than 4:00 also, and I didn't look for the 2nd. Going well. Thought of onemile, and figured I'd go for a sub-20 

I had 2K to go, and didn't know if I was behind or not (coz of that 2nd K) so I kept the pace for the 4th K, and gave a little more on the last part of the 5th and last, but I was in the middle of puddles, so I didn't look at the split time of the 5th. Then I turned around and jogged back for a shower, not knowing if I got my sub-20 or not, but pretty confident I did.

When I saved my run, Garmin said I had a new record, on the 5K, 19:37 

It is not my actual PR, I ran sub 19:30 once, but that was on an indoor track, and with my other watch, so the 620 doesn't know about that run. But it is my 5K PR on the road. Not bad.

I don't know how to categorize my run, though. I put it up as Intervals, because who cares?

DavePNW

I ran 7 and reluctantly concluded that it's time to infuse my shoe rotation with some fresh meat.

My 3 pairs of daily trainers have mileage of 531, 518, and 515 (pretty even, huh?), and they all feel flat compared to a pair I have at 250. My problem is that I don't particularly like the current iteration (or the previous one ffs), and was hoping a new and exciting model would appear soon, but I guess not. Heavy sigh.

My two are at 496 & 503.  I am also ready to change them both out for the next in line, which are of course just replacements of the same models. Although I think moving up a version on one of them.

Dave

LRB

I don't know how to categorize my run, though. I put it up as Intervals, because who cares?

There is a thread out on RA that may or may not help you decide.

Cyberic

There is a thread out on RA that may or may not help you decide.

Funny thread. I'll read through it this evening or so. For now, I'll just leave my run as Interval, and maybe I'll change it to Tempo or something.

LRB

My two are at 496 & 503. 

I've run in the Kayano 19, 20, 21, 22 & 23. I didn't like the 22 at all but it's the freshest one of the lot. I've run on the treadmill in the 23 and it seems okay, but since it's the newest one they're a million dollars. Suck it up buttercup?

LRB

Funny thread. I'll read through it this evening or so. For now, I'll just leave my run as Interval, and maybe I'll change it to Tempo or something.

I haven't read it all but don't really don't have an opinion one way or the other (which is why I haven't read it all lol). If someone wants to count a training run as an official PR, who am I to judge.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What was the temp for Monumental again?

36-high 50s.  Apparently, that was an exception.  Maybe I need LRB, Mary and me to make it work?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wonderful. Cool

I haven't weighed myself since....well, I don't even know; forever? lol

That will once again be my focus though before I get serious with training in a few weeks. I've been on the wagon (no alcohol) for 12 days now, and will probably ride it well into February.

I wish I could lose by running more.  Or by running, period.

Damaris

Cyberic

I haven't read it all but don't really don't have an opinion one way or the other (which is why I haven't read it all lol). If someone wants to count a training run as an official PR, who am I to judge.

I'm the same, I don't care. To me it does count as a PR, but my run was not a race, so I don't want to log it as such.

I'll just beat that time in the Spring in a race and solve the issue