Beginners and Beyond

Is It WednesDailies? (Read 48 times)

oldfartrunner

Where ya at Runners?

Thinking 8/5 today with some speed? R quad is a little cranky, so will play it by ear. What you got?

Bert-o

I lost my rama

8 lonely dark cold miles planned for tonight.

OFR - Forgot to add yesterday.... Mrs. OFR is running great!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

delicate flower

'Morning.  I had my best swim in two months this morning.  'Bout time.  Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke.  Bike workout tonight, and it looks like it's going to be a tough one.

<3

zzyzx

URD today. It was pouring so hard that the standing water caused a massive accident on my commute. That would have been fine but then the next bus (after I missed my normal one... I drive to a park and ride) broke down. After standing in the downpour for 45 minutes and getting to work an hour late, my time and motivation were both gone. I did a 1/4 stair challenge just so I'd do some exercise but 45 flights of stairs still feels like slacking off.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Took me almost 2 hours to get to court, accidents and idiots galore.  RD today so I will lift weights tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

After a 10.5 hours work day yesterday (my usual work days are 7 hours), and no running, I'm back to my normal schedule. I'll run some threshold stuff at lunch. Leaning towards a steady 20 minutes. I might run back from work too, to add some easy mileage for the day. I'll see about that last part.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hello!

I did stuff this morning.............. first Shoulders and Upper back at the gym

No automatic alt text available.

then Jetta and I went for a 5.3 mile run.

No automatic alt text available.

My quads are still sore, but it's nothing I can't handle.

Has anybody on here seen the new Netflix series Mindhunters?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

adkkev

Has anybody on here seen the new Netflix series Mindhunters?

We finished the season just the other night ... we loved it.  Loved the finale ...

I really want to know where these series find all these "vintage" cars for their shows ...

LRB

We finished the season just the other night ... we loved it.  Loved the finale ...

I really want to know where these series find all these "vintage" cars for their shows ...

I can't speak for the movie/television industry specifically, but we have companies here in the big mitten that build and sell vintage cars. I was in a facility a few years ago that builds the '57 Chevy and ships them all over the world. At that particular time, Brazil was its number one market for sales.

Anyway, I would imagine there are companies who build and supply these vehicles, and business is probably booming.

Cyberic

I can't speak for the movie/television industry specifically, but we have companies here in the big mitten that build and sell vintage cars. I was in a facility a few years ago that builds the '57 Chevy and ships them all over the world. At that particular time, Brazil was its number one market for sales.

Anyway, I would imagine there are companies who build and supply these vehicles, and business is probably booming.

Very interesting. I didn't know that. Of course it makes a lot of sense, but I was like adkkev not understanding where they got them all.

Crazy how this forum is full of surprises!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmmmm... not sure.... probably like LRB said.

I liked the finale too, I definitely can't wait for season 2.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I cannot recall the name of the one place but I have been in this facility and they produce and sell full vintage car assemblies too.

SRD for me. Actually enjoying the recovery process.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

Ran a 20 min Tempo, for 5.02 km.

I thought I had fixed the HRM strap. NOT. All was going well, but when I finished my tempo portion and was cooling down, HR never came back down. In fact it increased. I'm not talking in the seconds after the effort, as that might have been correct, but even 10 minutes after, when my HR was back down to normal (I could feel it), the HRM was still showing me higher than during the tempo portion. Piece of shit.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I thought I had fixed the HRM strap. NOT. All was going well, but when I finished my tempo portion and was cooling down, HR never came back down. In fact it increased. I'm not talking in the seconds after the effort, as that might have been correct, but even 10 minutes after, when my HR was back down to normal (I could feel it), the HRM was still showing me higher than during the tempo portion. Piece of shit.

Is it an electrode or optical HRM?  I've had static issues with the electrode chest strap in the colder weather and it would go all bazonkers.  My Scosche optical HRM is better.  Still get cadence lock in the cold, but settles in after a 1/2 mile or so.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours