Beginners and Beyond

RainyFriDailies (Read 22 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with intervals. Roughly 1000, 800, 600, 400 and 200 (did parking lot loops since schools are closed today, each loops is roughly .12 miles). Not the worst workout I've ever done, but it felt rough.

Our vaccination policy is for eveeryone. Even last year with flu shots and the majority of staff wfh, you still had to get one and send proof. I haven't paid super close attention to our policy for the covid shots since I'm vaccinated and my direct report is. I think the deadline is December 1. I'm more curiouus what MIL's long term care is doing. At least they are now up to 80% for staff. For a while it was only 60% (almost all residents), which really pissed me off. Did they not pay attention to what happened early in the pandemic? Or do they just not GAF?

Baboon, I scheduled an appointment for my lab work last Friday. This coming Tuesday was the first day where there was an appointment before 10am. Supposedly, appointments are priority ovevr walk ins. Hopefully you can get in on Monday. I assume first thing in the am is always busy because it's before work and who wants to fast until lunch time.

DavePNW

So I signed up for a marathon last night 

The forum approves. We are all idiots.

Dave

KCRuns

Good morning!  I'm continuing with my super easy, low impact, no run week.  I walked a few laps in the pool this morning and then swam a half mile.

sdWhiskers

Whether or not you WFH is irrelevant in our case.  If you work for us, you must be vaccinated.

My company has locations in many states and something like 80 countries. I assume the legal side is super messy--maybe easier to require it only for those onsite. Also, this is just the US policy.

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon, I scheduled an appointment for my lab work last Friday. This coming Tuesday was the first day where there was an appointment before 10am. Supposedly, appointments are priority ovevr walk ins. Hopefully you can get in on Monday. I assume first thing in the am is always busy because it's before work and who wants to fast until lunch time.

I found an 8:00 appointment next Tuesday so I booked it.  It's right on my way to work.  One good thing using Quest Diagnostics is that they have ten million offices.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

The forum approves. We are all idiots.

+1.  We still need to get cyber signed up for one.

Speaking of signing up, I am waffling about Ironman Mont-Tremblant next August.  I want to do the race, but it's everything else I need to consider that is giving me pause (time off from work, it's expensive, traveling to Canada, sorting out my schedule).  I'll probably have a decision made in a week or so.

<3

RunningOnSand

This for me. A little drizzly, 5.5 miles with 8x80m-ish strides.

Brutal that you've been up so long! Nice job still getting out there!

Whiskers, sorry you had a crappy night of sleep too. I had to LOL at you signing up for that marathon. 13 weeks is plenty of time, plus the weather will be waaaayyyy better.

DavePNW

Speaking of signing up, I am waffling about Ironman Mont-Tremblant next August.  I want to do the race, but it's everything else I need to consider that is giving me pause (time off from work, it's expensive, traveling to Canada, sorting out my schedule).  I'll probably have a decision made in a week or so.

says: All signs point to yes.

Dave

Cyberic

I plan on racing in the Spring (for now). I'll choose a race for which logistics are a breeze though, and not a cheater's course. I have nothing about cheater's courses, but I personally feel like there is an asterisk besides my PR. Still a PR. Still counts. But there's an asterisk and it kind of annoys me. Not saying I'll never run a cheater's course again, but I'll favor regular courses.

So: Well measured. Flat(ish). Loop course. Easy logistics.

About Tremblant for you, man, the logistics must be CRA-ZY.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go get it, SD!

Massage therapist worked on the SI Joint which appeared to be angry and now my lower back feels better. Go figure.

Damaris

4 wavy paved follow 1 dirt bumps, going to skip second run, should have eaten something this morning.

bluerun

Super B****

I’m kind of annoyed… I found out that the local clubs submit runners’ names to NYRR for placement in the local competitive corral for NYCM. I guess I’m eligible for this now since I’ve earned an A bib. But I only know I’m eligible because our team captains sent out an email that due to a miscommunication, the spreadsheet of names that was compiled was NEVER SUBMITTED, and I only got the email because I was on that spreadsheet. 😡

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

So: Well measured. Flat(ish). Loop course. Easy logistics.

If you need all these requirements satisfied, that explains why you never race!

I’m still planning on the Vancouver Marathon next spring, using my 2020 deferral. No info on their website yet.
                            Next fall is TBD. Possibly Portland, which is an easy trip. Twin Cities would be nice if I can plan a business trip around it, but I need to plan marathons much further in advance than business trips. And I would like to do Chicago at some point, but that needs a little too much advance planning.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I found an 8:00 appointment next Tuesday so I booked it.  It's right on my way to work.  One good thing using Quest Diagnostics is that they have ten million offices.

We have the option to use Quest or LabCorp, which gives plenty of choices, especially since there are so many hospitals in the Baltimore area. Downside is you have to put in all your info before you can see available appointments.

DavePNW

Our lab is convenient because it's right there at the doctor's office - separate company but they share a waiting area. But last time I had to wait a super long time. I didn't realize I needed an appt (or that you could even make one), and apparently Friday AM when they open is their busiest time. It was kind of a madhouse. Plus, when you get there, you just go to a machine that scans your driver's license, and it checks you into their system and puts you on the waiting list. Except when it doesn't. Somehow mine didn't scan properly; I was waiting and waiting before I finally went up to see where I was on the list, only to find out I wasn't.

Dave