Beginners and Beyond

Past participle MonDAILIED (Read 32 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Did you pick one out yet?

If I can't get a NYCM bib, I'm just going to do the same one I did last fall, which means the last ten miles will be super lonely, but if I'm being realistic about it those are really my only options if I don't want to travel. And I don't want to travel.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Haven't you been in pain for a month or so?  CALL NOW and get it fixed!

I tried toughing it out last fall, wanted to wait after my marathon, but no. Like D says, you have to get that dealt with right now. It just does not pass by itself.

DavePNW

Correct.  Easier and faster swimming, at least for people like myself who are not strong swimmers. 

So is there a specific air or water temp below which this is allowed? And is that race-specific or dictated by some national  triathlon association or something? And do they let you wear those Michael Phelps suits that are now illegal for regular swimming? Please keep in mind though that I most certainly don’t care.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But... the longer you put off fixing a problem, and the worse it gets, the longer you'll actually have to spend in a dentist's office

Damaris

Cyberic

So is there a specific air or water temp below which this is allowed? And is that race-specific or dictated by some national  triathlon association or something? And do they let you wear those Michael Phelps suits that are now illegal for regular swimming? Please keep in mind though that I most certainly don’t care.

#nobodycares  #triforumsfortriathletes

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think so.  My friend told me once for her OH one they had to do away with the requirement because the water was warmer than X degrees (I just don't recall the temps).  Might have been an IM brand tri.

Damaris

Cyberic

I actually am a geek, so even if I don't care, I'm curious about all that stuff.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

But... the longer you put off fixing a problem, and the worse it gets, the longer you'll actually have to spend in a dentist's office

Yeah.... have I mentioned how stubborn and bull-headed I am?????

Anyways, I just got a call from another oral surgery place, a 12:30 PM appointment for tomorrow was canceled and I am now set to go in tomorrow. I am so freaking happy, they better knock me the fuck out....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

lmao

Of course the answer is complicated.

-If the water temp is be below 76.2 degrees, wetsuits are legal.

-Between 76.2 and 83.8, you can wear a wetsuit but do not qualify for awards or Kona slot allocation due to the competitive advantage of wearing one.  Plus you start at the back of the pack,

-Warmer than 83.8 means wetsuits are prohibited due to the possibility of the body overheating.

As far as I understand it, the Michael Phelps suit would fall under the wetsuit rules. 

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

I think so.  My friend told me once for her OH one they had to do away with the requirement because the water was warmer than X degrees (I just don't recall the temps).  Might have been an IM brand tri.

Yeah I did one race where wetsuits were not allowed...the water temp was near 90.  I stepped into the water and thought "Ooooh...this is not pleasant."  Thankfully most of the swim was downstream so I did just fine with it.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah I did one race where wetsuits were not allowed...the water temp was near 90.  I stepped into the water and thought "Ooooh...this is not pleasant."  Thankfully most of the swim was downstream so I did just fine with it.

It took me years before realizing the water in other places is not at 90F.  Growing up in the Caribbean where the water it's mostly at 86F or more, it was a shock to get into the water in Hawaii in the middle of the summer.  The Pacific is fucking cold, lol.

Damaris

Cyberic

As far as I understand it, the Michael Phelps suit would fall under the wetsuit rules. 

Hmm, you think it would be legal? And if so, is it because a wetsuit gives an even greater advantage that nobody uses the Phelps suit?

Cyberic

It took me years before realizing the water in other places is not at 90F.  Growing up in the Caribbean where the water it's mostly at 86F or more, it was a shock to get into the water in Hawaii in the middle of the summer.  The Pacific is fucking cold, lol.

It was so awesome the first time I set foot in the water in the Caribbean. A huge smile on my face

DavePNW

76.2 degrees

This is oddly specific. It's not even like it's a round number in Celsius. Sounds like a committee decision.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Hmm, you think it would be legal? And if so, is it because a wetsuit gives an even greater advantage that nobody uses the Phelps suit?

Pretty much.  If the Phelps suit was better than a wetsuit, triathletes would all be using them.

<3