Beginners and Beyond

Past participle MonDAILIED (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My tax dollars hard at work. 

You save a lot on what my salary should be so quit whining.

Damaris

LRB

JUST for LRB... 9 AlterG miles. (I didn't run them for LRB, I'm posting it for him.)

Also, Daniels thinks I can run a 3:10 marathon. It's always nice to get a good laugh.

LRB

You save a lot on what my salary should be so quit whining.

Let's get that fixed!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don’t think you are knocked out completely, Andrea. Anesthesia is mostly stronger than local but easy to shoot out of the system. The only thing they normally require is not to eat close to the appointment but mostly because you are laying down and might throw up.

What amazes me is how dental insurance can be so cheap while health insurance costs as much as a decepticon.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

No run day for me. Leg strength and upper body instead. Had a desert pig out at a party Sunday afternoon and still feeling it today...

but it sure was good at the time!

Cyberic

The dentist who did my crown gave the option of doing laughing gas. Since I hate dentists and dental procedures, I said yes. I was aware of what was going on, but just didn't care. No gagging, no fear, I just lolled about in the chair until it was over.

Never had laughing gas. I think maybe I would enjoy that Smile

Oh, btw it's big in London. I was seeing all these little metallic tubes on the ground in parks, in some back streets, so I did a Google search. Laughing gas is actually nitrous oxide, and it is also used in cooking as a propellent for whipping syphons. So you can buy it easily on some cooking web sites and on Amazon. So people order a bunch of these tubes designed for whipping syphons. They open one of the pressurized tubes and empty its content in a balloon. They then inhale the content of the balloon to get a buzz. They're not sure what to do with that in the UK.

LRB

I demand to be knocked out, they'll mention numbing and I'm like "that doesn't stop the sound in my ears or the sensation against my teeth.... so just knock me out please.".

I've had more fillings, root canals, implants, crowns and anything you can name done to my grill than Mr Yuck mouth, but being put under is a nonstarter. I get it though.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon,  are all wet suits the same? Full coverage vs tank?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had laughing gas when they did my wisdom teeth and I was a hoot before, during and after.

I also think they use laughing gas before knocking you out for surgery. They are alway breathe here and then i do like my dumb cat Hershey and breathe there wondering what comes next even though I know.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 8.

It changed seasons while I was out there.

DavePNW

What amazes me is how dental insurance can be so cheap 

That’s because it doesn’t cover shit. In my experience. When my wife has needed crowns, it’s cheaper for her to fly to Las Vegas to have her dentist sister do them; she just charges her lab fees.

Dave

sdWhiskers

What amazes me is how dental insurance can be so cheap while health insurance costs as much as a decepticon.

Dental insurance is cheap but the coverage is so poor (my experience). My health insurance is much much better. For as important as dental health is for your overall health, I don't understand why it is separated for insurance.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That’s because it doesn’t cover shit. In my experience. When my wife has needed crowns, it’s cheaper for her to fly to Las Vegas to have her dentist sister do them; she just charges her lab fees.

Depends on what plan you get and the dentist (ours has always covered everything but the % for crowns and things like that has gone up a bit from 65% to 35%).  We have always paid $25-50 for both of us per month (even when I wasn't with the government ad we went with hubby's private plan and paid all monthly fees) and covering all this stuff a year (35% to 50% of crowns).  But if the dental practitioner is an asshole, it might cost you more out of pocket.  We used to have one that would cost us $1K as copay for our crowns and it's now $650 under the same plan. Difference?  The dentist we have now is not an asshole.  Fillings used to cost us $200 with this asshole and now it's $35-50 per filling copay.  Same plan.

MTA, doubt it's Florida regulating this at all.  But we have had great dental plans even before the government job.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dental insurance is cheap but the coverage is so poor (my experience). My health insurance is much much better. For as important as dental health is for your overall health, I don't understand why it is separated for insurance.

I don't understand either but you don't want to pay as much for dental as you pay for health insurance, that's for sure.  Even with better coverage.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We might have to wait until 2021 but I think I've decided on my next international marathon.  We have been in Switzerland before but never ran there:

https://www.harmonygenevemarathon.com/en/

Damaris