Beginners and Beyond

Past participle MonDAILIED (Read 32 times)

LRB

I get $1,000.00 per calendar year for dental coverage and I am grateful for that. Having dropped 20k on implants and crowns in 2017 & '18, it sure would've been nice to have better coverage (whatever that is) but that's not the world we live in...or, not the one I live in anyway.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don’t think you are knocked out completely, Andrea. Anesthesia is mostly stronger than local but easy to shoot out of the system. The only thing they normally require is not to eat close to the appointment but mostly because you are laying down and might throw up.

What amazes me is how dental insurance can be so cheap while health insurance costs as much as a decepticon.

I just know when I got gassed during my wisdom teeth removal, they told me to count to 10 and I made it to 6, woke up and they were all done and it took them like 18 minutes. I had to be helped to another chair out of the surgery room, I was stumbling and falling over lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Canadian info for US residents:

Dental is NOT part of our universal health-care system. We need to get private insurance (or not) for that. I choose not to. By definition an insurance company WILL make money, so they charge their customers more than they pay, otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

sdWhiskers

I get $1,000.00 per calendar year for dental coverage and I am grateful for that. Having dropped 20k on implants and crowns in 2017 & '18, it sure would've been nice to have better coverage (whatever that is) but that's not the world we live in...or, not the one I live in anyway.

Lol, you and I live in the same world.

bluerun

Super B****

I get nothing in dental coverage (well, I opted not to get dental insurance because it covers shit).

My parents bought me a tooth for my birthday a couple of years ago. (Dentist did a terrible job on a root canal when I was a kid and I got so annoyed with all the problems that I finally decided to just get rid of it and get an implant. Which, coincidentally, has had no problems so far, knock on wood.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Canadian info for US residents:

Dental is NOT part of our universal health-care system. We need to get private insurance (or not) for that. I choose not to. By definition an insurance company WILL make money, so they charge their customers more than they pay, otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

Yeah, but I find a bit outrageous that dentists can charge US whatever they want, the plan pays up to X and then you're stuck with the rest and they are not upfront about it.  Also, two dentists in the same area shouldn't have that much variation in pricing like mine do.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I get nothing in dental coverage (well, I opted not to get dental insurance because it covers shit).

My parents bought me a tooth for my birthday a couple of years ago. (Dentist did a terrible job on a root canal when I was a kid and I got so annoyed with all the problems that I finally decided to just get rid of it and get an implant. Which, coincidentally, has had no problems so far, knock on ceramic.)

Damaris

Cyberic

Yeah, but I find a bit outrageous that dentists can charge US whatever they want, the plan pays up to X and then you're stuck with the rest and they are not upfront about it.  Also, two dentists in the same area shouldn't have that much variation in pricing like mine do.

We get that here, too. I'm not familiar with the law in general, but I think they can charge (the dentists) whatever the hell they want. I have seen big differences between dentists. I really like my current dentist.

LRB

My parents bought me a tooth for my birthday a couple of years ago. (Dentist did a terrible job on a root canal when I was a kid and I got so annoyed with all the problems that I finally decided to just get rid of it and get an implant. Which, coincidentally, has had no problems so far, knock on wood.)

That's awesome. I would've taken one of those, or five. 

bluerun

Super B****

That's awesome. I would've taken one of those, or five. 

It was technically cash that went to buy a tooth, but they knew that's what was going to happen to it. I'm sure if you found some sketchy oral surgeon you could have gotten some more teeth for that price...

chasing the impossible

LRB

It was technically cash that went to buy a tooth, but they knew that's what was going to happen to it. I'm sure if you found some sketchy oral surgeon you could have gotten some more teeth for that price...

No thanks, dental implants are nothing to skimp on! Ended up being around $3,600 per tooth (implant, bone graft, abutment, crown). Pricey but worth it knowing they won't fall out in 5 years. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No thanks, dental implants are nothing to skimp on! Ended up being around $3,600 per tooth (implant, bone graft, abutment, crown). Pricey but worth it knowing they won't fall out in 5 years. lol

So glad my root canal could be fixed because by now I would be in the bone graft period, if not abutment.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Holy shit, I got a bargain!!

chasing the impossible

Mr MattM

3 hot miles... and no dental work today.

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

Holy shit, I got a bargain!!

Or I got ripped off. Big grin