Beginners and Beyond

Past participle MonDAILIED (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do you like vodka? Tater tots?

I love the potato.

Best vegetable ever.  I thank it every week.

Damaris

Cyberic

I was gonna say the same thing as RoS - just make sure to replace it with something of equal or greater calories, you can't afford to cut any out.

I guess I'll just be hungrier and eat more (even more) during meals. Been not eating potato chips for the last part of my UK vacation, and have barely had any since I came back. I'm hungry AF just talking about it right now, but overall I'm fine.

RunningOnSand

Right?! Agreed!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I called and asked to be "knocked out", $450 to be put under!!!! So its gonna be $295 a tooth (I'll be having 2 removed) and $55 for something I can't remember AND the $450. All this I gotta pay up front tomorrow, and then my dental will reimburse me.

Something tells me that my dental will only pay like 25% if that...

I'm seriously considering not being put under just to save some money.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I guess I'll just be hungrier and eat more (even more) during meals. Been not eating potato chips crisps for the last part of my UK vacation, and have barely had any since I came back. I'm hungry AF just talking about it right now, but overall I'm fine.

FYP.

Dave

DavePNW

Do you like vodka? Tater tots?

I love the potato.

I'm not a big vodka drinker, but I'll drink it. I do enjoy a good Bloody Mary. But I don't really get any potato flavor out of it.

No tots. I don't hate potatoes, they just don't do anything for me, so I'd never bother to eat them voluntarily. My wife does all the cooking and occasionally puts potatoes in things, and I eat them. Really I'll eat just about anything, but I have my preferences.

Dave

LRB

I am trying to kick my soda habit. Today is Day 1 (again).

Not unlike quitting smoking (I've done both), it takes equal parts realization of the havoc it's wreaking and a feeling of being a fool for allowing it. That's the starting point. From there, you're focusing on the fact that you're in control of the things you control, the basis of free will. With free will comes discipline (or a lack thereof in some cases), and the level of it you're willing to to exercise.

Or, none of the above. lol

bluerun

Super B****

I have not eaten a white potato in nearly twenty years.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I am trying to kick my soda habit. Today is Day 1 (again).

Spindrift is a nice alternative

LRB

I have not eaten a white potato in nearly twenty years.

I love the spud. Baked, smashed, bashed or hash. Yum!

Cyberic

FYP.

Exactly.  Although  crisps are their eq of our chips, they are not the same, and their flavors are weird, and I just didn't feel like eating them at the end of our trip.

Cyberic

Not unlike quitting smoking (I've done both), it takes equal parts realization of the havoc it's wreaking and a feeling of being a fool for allowing it. That's the starting point. From there, you're focusing on the fact that you're in control of the things you control, the basis of free will. With free will comes discipline (or a lack thereof in some cases), and the level of it you're willing to to exercise.

Well put. When I quit smoking it was a test of will. And when it got tough, I was trying to just see it as a challenge.

I just remembered something running related. I had a roommate in those days, and he had a girl friend runner, who would sometimes sleep over at our place. A couple of mornings, I went out with her on a run to try to think of something else than smoking. It worked! i would not think of smoking during the run, and for some time after that. I did that maybe 3 times with her. She'd run me back home, and then go out to finish her run. I don't remember how long I was out there, but it must have been between 10 and 20 minutes, I guess. Big grin

MTA: I actually started running 10-12 years after that, but I had built a strong base in those 3 days.

MTA2: I only half quit then. I was still allowed to smoke when I drank. I completely quit when I started running for realz

MTA3: #coolstorybro

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 5.  At some point recently my Garmin must have reset itself because it said I clocked my fastest mile ever today at 7:18, although that's probably about all my sorry ass is good for right now.

<3

LRB

I ran 5.  At some point recently my Garmin must have reset itself because it said I clocked my fastest mile ever today at 7:18, although that's probably about all my sorry ass is good for right now.

What happened with your groin injury?

Cyberic

I ran 5.  At some point recently my Garmin must have reset itselfbecause  it said I clocked my fastest mile ever today at 7:18, although that's probably about all my sorry ass is good for right now.

Happened to me too recently