Beginners and Beyond

Blue Hockey Pucks of Death TUESDAY DAILIES (Read 20 times)

i used a pilsbury mix plus food coloring but can’t call these muffins

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Been awake for almost 3 hours so I've been working. And now I want to nap.

I have 8 and PT.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  I got nearly nine hours of hard sleep last night, and that felt good.  I haven't had a lot of those lately.  I got a one hour aerobic bike workout done early, and I'll run later.

<3

10 miles. Had to stop for a bathroom break and forgot to stop my watch.  Adjusted it in RA, but for anyone looking at Strava, I swear it was not that slow! It wasn’t too fast either. Fortunately the second time I needed a bathroom break, I remembered to stop my watch. The part of that sentence before the comma you don’t see too often. 

Dave

Those muffins look like smurf poop. 

Dave

KCRuns

5 miles run/walk. Or walk/run.  It was really hot and I took some generous walk breaks.  I am not ready for the heat and humidity!

LRB

i used a pilsbury mix plus food coloring but can’t call these muffins

I read a story about that experiment over the weekend and briefly considered it. Being on a super high fiber diet however, my regularity could be used to set the world's atomic clock, so I deleted the link. I have heard of people who go days between poops though. 🤯

delicate flower

10 miles. Had to stop for a bathroom break and forgot to stop my watch.  Adjusted it in RA, but for anyone looking at Strava, I swear it was not that slow! It wasn’t too fast either. Fortunately the second time I needed a bathroom break, I remembered to stop my watch. The part of that sentence before the comma you don’t see too often. 

Funny related story:  A few years ago when I ran the Philly Marathon, DW ran the HM.  She spent 15 minutes waiting for a portapotty mid-race and stopped her Garmin during that time (she cared about her moving time, not the race time).  After the race, she had blank results due to a timing chip malfunction, and when she asked about it, the timing folks said to send them the Garmin file.  The Garmin file shows both total time and moving time, and they counted the moving time in the official results.  So officially, her result is 15 minutes faster than it should be.   #cheater

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

3 easy miles for me this morning. Was super tired last night so went to bed early and slept in a bit. 8 hours total which should help. PT tonight

Those muffins look like smurf poop. 

....taste even worse🤢

8 Burke lake + 2 accotink dirt bumps = 10

Real slow at Burke lake, then forty min intermission, then elevated the best I could for the dirt bumps...which isn’t saying much at that point, but was a good bit less slow than the Burke run.

sdWhiskers

So there are 8 weeks until my HM and I decided, starting last week, to jump into the Hanson's Advanced HM plan at Week 10. Today was 6 x 1 mi at HMP-10s and it was not good. Even during the first mile of the warm up I felt tired and slow so not a good omen. Ended up as 9:04/8:57/9:01/9:03/9:07. I ended up skipping the 6th interval and am thinking HMP needs to be quite a bit slower. I am also re-thinking my ability (and desire) to run 10 miles basically every other day for the next 2 months. It was warmer and more humid this morning than it has been but with a July race, that can't be an excuse.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Day two of my rest week and I'm already getting antsy.  Trying to take half-hour walks at least twice a day.  Maybe the return of hot weather tomorrow will help take the edge off.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Funny related story:  A few years ago when I ran the Philly Marathon, DW ran the HM.  She spent 15 minutes waiting for a portapotty mid-race and stopped her Garmin during that time (she cared about her moving time, not the race time).  After the race, she had blank results due to a timing chip malfunction, and when she asked about it, the timing folks said to send them the Garmin file.  The Garmin file shows both total time and moving time, and they counted the moving time in the official results.  So officially, her result is 15 minutes faster than it should be.   #cheater

I have alerted Derek Murphy.

Dave

onemile

So there are 8 weeks until my HM and I decided, starting last week, to jump into the Hanson's Advanced HM plan at Week 10. Today was 6 x 1 mi at HMP-10s and it was not good. Even during the first mile of the warm up I felt tired and slow so not a good omen. Ended up as 9:04/8:57/9:01/9:03/9:07. I ended up skipping the 6th interval and am thinking HMP needs to be quite a bit slower. I am also re-thinking my ability (and desire) to run 10 miles basically every other day for the next 2 months. It was warmer and more humid this morning than it has been but with a July race, that can't be an excuse.

that is a rather large / difficult workout to jump into

that is a rather large / difficult workout to jump into

Srsly! HMP-10 is roughly LT/tempo pace for me, and 6x1 is a workout I do around peak marathon training. You didn't mention how long the recoveries were, but that's going to be very tough regardless.

Dave