Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdalies, with a friendly interloper (Read 46 times)

LRB

Do they pass out mint juleps at the aid stations? (FTR - I went to the Derby once, and figured I had to try one of those things. I thought it was gag-inducing.)

Figures. As with most things we're told we "just have to try".

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've never gone to Preakness. It ain't the Derby. There is crazy shit going on on the in field. NBC doesn't show that.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I use a track because I'm not very good yet at maintaining an even pace and it's so much easier for me to do so on a track where I can check myself every 200 meters.  I run one of every 4 laps in lane 2 to more closely approximate 1 mile of distance - that in itself is insight into how unnecessarily obsessive I can be about numbers. 

Why yes, lane 2 is obsessive haha. I'm pretty sure we all have a bit of that in us though. The track is awesome for getting pacing right, I agree. It's so hard not to start a workout out too fast...it's like my body expects it to be hard, so I try to be out of breath within the first 6 seconds!

Dave...I don't know if they're passing any out, but they should be! I don't usually partake in any of the fun stuff while I'm running, but this would be a perfect time to go for some adult hydration.

As for seersucker-ing, I'll see what I can do!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

sdWhiskers

What's that now?

Means getting a healthy bonus at work while also running all the miles. And maybe your kids have seen you today.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Means getting a healthy bonus at work while also running all the miles. And maybe your kids have seen you today.

What is this bonus thing you mention?

17 years in a non-profit.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I've never gone to Preakness. It ain't the Derby. There is crazy shit going on on the in field. NBC doesn't show that.

I've never gone, but I've heard that about the Preakness.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

Run commute day

I have a race track as a client, they never let me forget about the triple crown, lol!  Dave, I too thought mint juleps were the grossest thing ever, despite the adorable cup.  I feel the same about mojitos.  I wanted to like them, but blech.  Too much sugar for me.

7 this morning with mah dawg.  We had a good time.  He was mad yesterday because it was RD and no one took him, so he chewed on his bed to show his displeasure while we were at work.   Hopefully he'll behave himself today.

I got new tires this morning, and new brakes yesterday so I can drive on the freeway without being afraid.  However, my credit card bill is now terrifying   Whatever, car is paid off.  Maintenance costs are still better than a car payment.

KCRuns

3 miles last night with the group.  Today is a SRD.

SD, does a nice raise come with the increased responsibilities?

LRB

I got new tires this morning, and new brakes yesterday so I can drive on the freeway without being afraid.  However, my credit card bill is now terrifying   Whatever, car is paid off.  Maintenance costs are still better than a car payment.

For the most part, yes. I dropped 14 hundy for suspension crap earlier this month. I had to sit down for that one. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What's that now?

That's what you get when you work for the government.  In exchange, you get paid little, treated like shit and your boss is the biggest idiot on the planet.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for the outfit suggestion LRB - too funny! Apparently the men are wearing hats now too, so I'll throw that on and be good to go.

Docket - too long! Sorry about the heel pain. I've just never gotten on with Altras, even though I'd like to like them.

Fred...nice job on the mile repeats. Do you do yours on the road or track?

Blue...the Garmin is very rude. Mine as decided that I've dropped 3 VO2 max points in less than two weeks!

I used to run marathons on the Altras but after my knee surgery, I never was able to get back on track with them.

BTW, you are running the same race hubby is doing, while I'll be doubling the distance.

Damaris

For the most part, yes. I dropped 14 hundy for suspension crap earlier this month. I had to sit down for that one. lol

It's been that kind of month... I took it in for a service a few weeks ago that resulted in 4 days without a car, a lot of yelling by me, and ultimately what felt like a three hundred dollar oil change.  Leak in the power steering fluid line that took those fucknuts 3 days to correctly diagnose.  And the transmission is still messed up (I paid nothing for them to tell me that they didn't know what was wrong with it, but to get that price involved yelling and shaming).  You and me are about even.  I was just "lucky" it got spread out over three visits. 

RunningOnSand

Car troubles.  I'm in the same boat as many of you. I had a $4000 repair last summer. Which had followed a $1200 repair the previous 6 months, which was followed by a $600 repair this past December. And now I'm having some other issues. Sigh. I'm ready to go Office Space on it.

I second the seer sucker outfit for the Derby!

I also second wanting to like the Altras, but them being bad for my heels.

And my last "second" of the day is that my HR skyrockets at the initial speed workout rep. It's like my body's like, "da f*ck you doing?!" and then by the 3rd rep it's all, "ah...THIS is what you're doing." I had fartleks this morning, in a 5.5 mile run. I also have a HM this weekend...not sure what time goals I'll have for it? I'm also feeling ultra lazy so the thought of racing it makes me want to weep.

LRB

It's been that kind of month... I took it in for a service a few weeks ago that resulted in 4 days without a car, a lot of yelling by me, and ultimately what felt like a three hundred dollar oil change.  Leak in the power steering fluid line that took those fucknuts 3 days to correctly diagnose.  And the transmission is still messed up (I paid nothing for them to tell me that they didn't know what was wrong with it, but to get that price involved yelling and shaming).  You and me are about even.  I was just "lucky" it got spread out over three visits. 

Fucknuts? LMAO