Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdalies, with a friendly interloper (Read 46 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I also second wanting to like the Altras, 

^ I'll third this.

ROS - Good luck in your half.  If you're not feeling it, make it a leisurely group long run.  At least get the race goodies.

RE:  Car in shop.  Not much gives me more anxiety than this.  Thankfully, I do most routine maintenance myself and can inspect if there's any leaks etc., but that just means I have to take it in for the big ticket items.  Feel for you guys!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

sdWhiskers

RE:  Car in shop.  Not much gives me more anxiety than this.  Thankfully, I do most routine maintenance myself and can inspect if there's any leaks etc., but that just means I have to take it in for the big ticket items.  Feel for you guys!

This is me. Traffic and freeways are crazy here. I cannot deal with the thought of being broken down somewhere so I end up trading in vehicles when they start getting to the point of needing work and buying new. Yes, yes I know...cars depreciate blah blah blah. I'd rather have a new base model than an older fancier car. To be fair, I still end up keeping a car for 7-8 years because I don't put much mileage on it. I bought my current car in June and only have about 4500 miles.

This is me. Traffic and freeways are crazy here. I cannot deal with the thought of being broken down somewhere so I end up trading in vehicles when they start getting to the point of needing work and buying new. Yes, yes I know...cars depreciate blah blah blah. I'd rather have a new base model than an older fancier car. To be fair, I still end up keeping a car for 7-8 years because I don't put much mileage on it. I bought my current car in June and only have about 4500 miles.

^^This.  I've had a tire blow out on the 405 at 80 mph, and do not want to relive that.  Waiting on the side of the freeway with cars ripping past at those speeds until AAA came to rescue me was also quite terrifying.  The guy who changed the tire was a brave soul, and whatever they're paying him, he deserves it and more.

Cyberic

Those wanting to like Altras, have you ever considered Salming shoes? They're slowly  becoming my go to shoes over Adidas. Adidas are narrow in the forefoot, and my feet can't stand that anymore.

bluerun

Super B****

I'm starting to really miss running.  But I got to visit a hyperbaric chamber today, so that was kind of cool.  I had no idea that's what it looked like, I always imagined it was just like an MRI machine and you had to lie there for hours.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

I do this too. My last car was discontinued bout 4 or 5 years after I go it, so the service in it's last few years tended to be $1000 at a time, plus an overnight stay at the dealer. On the bright side, even when you buy the low-end budget Jaguar, you get the same service as the expensive ones, so at least I never paid for a rental. I work in East Baltimore, it's definitely not the place I want to break down. At least the one time it did die, it was in the work parking garage. I

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Foot corrector at Pilates fixed the achilles/heel.

Damaris

delicate flower

Bike workout complete.  20.14 miles at 20.4 mph.  That was last year's peak season race speed, and this year it's my first outdoor bike workout.  Damn.

<3

Runshortii

I ran 7.5. 4x1000m w/ 600m recovery and 4x200m w/ 200m recovery. It sucked balls. I think I met my goal on one of the intervals lol. It was also 65 degrees and full sun

Last couple times I tried to program a workout on my phone and transfer it to my Garmin 220, it didn't work. I got the spinny "Updating" display on the watch, but when it was done, no workout. Tried several times on each occasion before giving up, it was pretty frustrating. Finally today I decided to try this new thing I heard about called "the google", and it tells me that my watch has a capacity of 10 workouts. Deleted a few of the stupider ones I have on there, re-synced with my phone, and voila. This google thing might just catch on.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7 with 2 @ MP done.  Eeek.

Damaris

onemile

Last couple times I tried to program a workout on my phone and transfer it to my Garmin 220, it didn't work. I got the spinny "Updating" display on the watch, but when it was done, no workout. Tried several times on each occasion before giving up, it was pretty frustrating. Finally today I decided to try this new thing I heard about called "the google", and it tells me that my watch has a capacity of 10 workouts. Deleted a few of the stupider ones I have on there, re-synced with my phone, and voila. This google thing might just catch on.

If you would have posted here I could have told you that

onemile

I ran 7.5. 4x1000m w/ 600m recovery and 4x200m w/ 200m recovery. It sucked balls. I think I met my goal on one of the intervals lol. It was also 65 degrees and full sun

The first few runs in 65 feel like it's 80

If you would have posted here I could have told you that

That's exactly what I was about to do, but decided to do some research first so I wouldn't look like such an idiot. Then proceeded to recount the above story to show how big an idiot I am. I guess I need to work on this "not looking like an idiot" thing.

Dave

onemile

That's exactly what I was about to do, but decided to do some research first so I wouldn't look like such an idiot. Then proceeded to recount the above story to show how big an idiot I am. I guess I need to work on this "not looking like an idiot" thing.

What's idiotic is that Garmin doesn't just show an error when this happens telling you to delete some workouts and try again