Beginners and Beyond

Be a Millionaire Penguins WednesDAILY (Read 24 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Be a Millionaire Day.  Received a winner notification from my Lottery subscription this morning.  Sadly, it was only $1.00.

Short easy run for us this afternoon. Quads are better.  Made a reservation for the Madison, Wisconsin HM on Sunday.  That will be the 4th since 4/18.

Have a great day !!!

PADRunner

6 this morning in the soup. I don't know how you do it D. It's tough staying below MAF in this stuff.

5 mile Bike with the Mayor tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Urology appointment yesterday for prostate stuff...some fun...ain't it grand getting older?  .  Followed by a nice 3.3 mile run/walk at my favorite San Antonio park.  Was going to do some of the off-road trails but with all the rain we've had over the last week, everything off-road was pretty much flooded.  So stuck to the paved trails.  Felt pretty good the whole way.   Today a 5K group fun run on the Riverwalk being offered by Rock n Roll San Antonio and then those that want to do the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon or Half can also sign up today early at a discounted price.  After the fun-run, RnR is giving everyone a complimentary beer to all those who want one. We start and finish at the Blue Star Brewery which is a very good local brewery and eatery, nice.

OK, Penguins...today is a day to "move your bloomin' arse!"  cuz it's Eliza Doolittle Day!  (from My Fair Lady)

Today is also:

National Employee Health & Fitness Day

Weights and Measures Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I got my 0.5 mile walk in yesterday, then duetted, then when I got home DH was just about to take Dusty for another walk, so I did another 0.35 miles with them.  I'm a little achy today, especially my right knee, so I think I'll take an RD.  (Seriously, a rest day after less than a mile?  Sheesh!)  And I had to do my PT exercises alone this morning, because we were slap out of milk and DH had to run and get some.  

Jerryb -- I wouldn't know about that millionaire stuff ... I'm also more of a dollar-aire!!  Glad your quads are better!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 6 in the soup!!

Scotty -- glad you had a good run/walk and didn't get washed away!!  Sounds like a fun afternoon today!!

Docket -- have a good Pilates and 6 tonight!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Morning guys! 4.3 easy miles this morning, too much coffee, big work to-do list but I'm actually feeling good about tackling it today. Only a few more months and I'll be defending my thesis! And then after that stress is over I'll go back to doing the exact same things but with a slightly larger paycheck and student loan bills to pay, lol.

GinnyinPA

Lauren - at least you'll have a paycheck.  A lot of grads don't have that to look forward to.  Good luck with defending your thesis.

Scotty - enjoy your double today.  Sounds like fun - a short run and free beer.  Nice.

HopesMom - sorry your knee is hurting again.

Jerry - I'm glad the quads are better.  Enjoy your short run.

PAD - what's the occasion for the bike ride?  Have fun.

D - how is the cold?  I hope you're finally feeling better.  Do you get to demonstrate Pilates again tonight?  Have fun.

Windy and cool today, very different from the past week.  I'll do 5 this afternoon.

Anybody going anywhere for Memorial Day weekend? (Besides Jerry's race in Wisconsin.)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nothing.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

HopesMom...baby steps! You're making progress.

Jack, maybe just work on the six-pack to impress your daughters?Wink

Jerry, congrats on the winnings. Wink

Scotty, I hope your appointment is just routine getting older stuff. Smile

Ginny, have a nice 5 miles. I'm going to see Neil Diamond over the weekend. Smile  Do you have any fun plans?

PAD - bike with the mayor??  What's that?

Damaris, enjoy your pilates and run.

Lauren, have a great, busy day!

Nothing for me.  There are 5 men in my kitchen right now with power tools - so much dust and noise - I am literally locked away in my bedroom drinking coffee and eating a cupcake.   Oh, and my parents will be here at 1PM for a 6-day visit, and we are having a party for 40+ people at 6PM.  Why is that the day I most need a run for my sanity, I can't go on one?

MTA:  I haven't actually showered yet...I'm afraid the guys will want to come in and install the bathroom counter.   if I don't get around to it by the time my folks show up I might go out for an easy 5.  If my mood is foul enough and the weather fair enough.

Brilliant

dang quote instead of modify button

PADRunner

As part of the 'Get Fit GP' campaign the Mayor is having community bike rides in different parts of the city.

hog4life

Back to work this morning after getting home at midnight. My FIL was moved to a private room and out of ICU today, so he's doing a bit better. He's still got some fight left in him, and he'll need it to continue his battle with the cancer. At one point, early Monday morning, his blood pressure had dropped to 51/31, I thought for sure he was gone, but he fought back. Old man is just resilient!!!

I hope to run a few tonight and would like to get in a few miles at 7:50-8:00, as that will be my target pace for Monday's 10k.

#artbydmcbride

Nothing.

Are you tapering for the Laguna Hills race? 

Runners run

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Are you tapering for the Laguna Hills race? 

I wish I could run that. A friend from work is running the 10k.