Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #5 (Read 36 times)

LRB

True, I suppose. The one and only time I did a group run and didn't end up alone was when I was a pace group leader. Which means I was the one who had to get us to our destination. That anyone would trust me to know where I am going is absolutely hilarious because I can get lost crossing the street.

But sometimes these aren't, like, official runs with a predetermined route -- just, whoever wants to run shows up at the designated time and then people split off into groups with like paces, and they decide on a route on the spot based on how long people want to go. Sometimes people get upset if there's nobody running their pace, either, which is just silly. (That tends to be what happens to me -- there's the fast group, which I can sometimes keep up with but don't necessarily want to, and the slow group, which is sometimes too slow for me to run without having my form fall apart. Ergo, I end up running alone. Which is so strange since I think my easy pace is pretty common! But I'm probably also hurt by the fact that most people do their long runs on Saturdays, and I have no choice but to do mine on Sunday.)

Agreed. My easy pace is also pretty common and for whatever reason, I always invariably find myself alone. Wah. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Next one I get, if ever, I'll send it to you by mail if you want. 

I simply don't know where to put a sticker.

You, sir, are a gentleman.  Big grin   I should be getting a new one in a few months.  Unless I DNS, which of course is always a possibility.

<3

DavePNW

This group has a Meetup page, where all the group runs are posted as events. Distance/route options are shown; people can post comments with the distance/pace they plan, so they can pre-arrange groupings. Certainly a chance you won’t find exactly what you’re looking for, but from what I’ve seen there’s a pretty broad spectrum of paces..

Dave

DavePNW

You, sir, are a gentleman.  Big grin   I should be getting a new one in a few months.  Unless I DNS, which of course is always a possibility.

You’re telling me if you DNS, you wouldn’t still drive down and pick up your packet?

Dave

Cyberic

Not about Monas per se, but about the benefits of float recoveries

https://www.podiumrunner.com/rethinking-recovery-intervals_150440

Baboon

delicate flower

You’re telling me if you DNS, you wouldn’t still drive down and pick up your packet?

It depends on the nature of my DNS.  I mean, if I have the flu or if I am bedridden due to a severe injury, I'd have no choice but to skip it.

<3

DavePNW

It depends on the nature of my DNS.  I mean, if I have the flu or if I am bedridden due to a severe injury, I'd have no choice but to skip it.

OK yeah. I was just thinking regular injury, in which case there’s no way you wouldn’t get yourself another Boston shirt. You pretentious bastard.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

OK yeah. I was just thinking regular injury, in which case there’s no way you wouldn’t get yourself another Boston shirt. You pretentious bastard.

What's the point of registering for the race if you don't tell everybody about it?

<3

Cyberic

Agreed. My easy pace is also pretty common and for whatever reason, I always invariably find myself alone. Wah. 

Because you're not "known" in that group, probably? People tend to chat with people they already know. Just a thought.

I usually end up surrounded by the pretty girls 

What? This is an Internet forum and you guys don't know me, so I can say whatever I want, and you get to choose if you want to believe me or not.

Cyberic

What's the point of registering for the race if you don't tell everybody about it?

Some people around here will tell us they registered for a race AFTER they raced the thing.   That is not proper forum etiquettes

LRB

Because you're not "known" in that group

#storyofmylife

LRB

I hate the Vikings. They kicked the Saints in de ass. lol

Baboon

delicate flower

I hate the Vikings. They kicked the Saints in de ass. lol

I've had no real rooting interest in any of the games so far, but they have been entertaining.  Now, much like you wanted to see the Vikings lose, I want to see Seattle lose.

<3

DavePNW

I didn’t realize that LRB’s old buddy Jim Schwartz is D-coordinator for the Eagles.

Dave

LRB

I have been left to fend for myself on every group run that I've done (3 different ones here).

Damn.