Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #5 (Read 36 times)

LRB

I didn’t realize that LRB’s old buddy Jim Schwartz is D-coordinator for the Eagles.

Yes, he coordinated the defense that got Philly a ring.

LRB

I've had no real rooting interest in any of the games so far, but they have been entertaining.  Now, much like you wanted to see the Vikings lose, I want to see Seattle lose.

It's hard for me to root against Drew Breezy, so I always root for him. I like Russell Abstinent When Convenient Wilson too.

LRB

For some awful and unexplained reason, my pod didn't record not a single one of the metrics during today's pathetic attempt at an interval workout IN A STIFF WIND. Still, the ONLY reason I toughed it out was for the metrics I never ended up getting. It's like a gut punch from King Kong. I so want to bash that thing with a hammer. Like, for real doe, smoke is coming out of my ears.

Little Blue

I've had junk television on in the background for hours, and there has been a Beachbody ad running. He claims to be giving free on-demand subscriptions to anyone who texts "body" to 303030. Enter at your own risk. 

DavePNW

I've had junk television on in the background for hours, and there has been a Beachbody ad running. He claims to be giving free on-demand subscriptions to anyone who texts "body" to 303030. Enter at your own risk. 

Wow there are long-absent forumites coming out of the woodwork today!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As far as routes go, I have no problem driving to run somewhere. As a woman who runs in the dark, alone, in no way do I want someone who may be stalking me able to figure out my schedule and routes so I constantly change and switch things up as much as possible.

I also enjoy the change of scenery and it also depends on what distance I'm doing, I really hate overlapping and love nice loops (squares, rectangles).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

I hate the Vikings. They kicked the Saints in de ass. lol

I am shocked! Right now all of MN is rejoicing...it won't last long, though. I'm sure we'll fuck up majorly during a game. Soon.

RunningOnSand

Soooo.....idk what to think about this Stryd thing.

Based on my TM's settings (which, I know can be wonky) I ran at like 9:30-10mm. But according to Stryd, I ran closer to 11mm. Effort wise is more in line with the TM's declaration. The whole TM debacle was one of the reasons I was most excited for the Stryd. WHY DID I EVEN GET THIS DEVICE!? 

In case you're wondering, yes, I'm manually changing the overall mileage in today's run to reflect the TM's assertion.

"5.25" miles done.  

PS LRB I feel for you. That would drive me batshit crazy too. Slash, make me madder than hell.

Cyberic

Soooo.....idk what to think about this Stryd thing.

Based on my TM's settings (which, I know can be wonky) I ran at like 9:30-10mm. But according to Stryd, I ran closer to 11mm. Effort wise is more in line with the TM's declaration. The whole TM debacle was one of the reasons I was most excited for the Stryd. WHY DID I EVEN GET THIS DEVICE!? 

In case you're wondering, yes, I'm manually changing the overall mileage in today's run to reflect the TM's assertion.

"5.25" miles done.  

PS LRB I feel for you. That would drive me batshit crazy too. Slash, make me madder than hell.

Steve Palladino has posted something on the FaceBooks about training with Stryd on the TM. I'm just saying. I personnally have 0 interest in that paper.

Cyberic

For some awful and unexplained reason, my pod didn't record not a single one of the metrics during today's pathetic attempt at an interval workout IN A STIFF WIND. Still, the ONLY reason I toughed it out was for the metrics I never ended up getting. It's like a gut punch from King Kong. I so want to bash that thing with a hammer. Like, for real doe, smoke is coming out of my ears.

Might be on the pod, dude. Look up how to get your runs from it. It autodetects runs and records everything, Garmin or not.

onemile

Might be on the pod, dude. Look up how to get your runs from it. It autodetects runs and records everything, Garmin or not.

yes you can still get the data! you have to turn off your garmin and do a manual upload on the stryd app

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Steve Palladino has posted something on the FaceBooks about training with Stryd on the TM. I'm just saying. I personnally have 0 interest in that paper.

Do you have a link for that or is it in the Stryd group? I am interested because I will probably hit the TM next month a bit.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

yes you can still get the data! you have to turn off your garmin and do a manual upload on the stryd app

I think if you go to the Stryd app and press sync it will upload it. It will warn you that that's only when you don't have GPS data but you click continue and it will.

Damaris

onemile

Not about Monas per se, but about the benefits of float recoveries

https://www.podiumrunner.com/rethinking-recovery-intervals_150440

you should try the Deek's Quarters workout (also called aussie quarters). I did it last Wednesday and it's a fun float recovery workout that is short so you can fit it in during lunchtime.  It's 8x400m with 200m float - the float needs to be quick, faster than easy pace and the 400's are supposed to be a little faster than 5k pace I think and mid-way through you are feeling those short fast recoveries

Cyberic

Do you have a link for that or is it in the Stryd group? I am interested because I will probably hit the TM next month a bit.

It's in the useful links.