Beginners and Beyond

Where in Hades are FRIDAILIES? (Read 43 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Good luck tomorrow BBB! Who is responsible for tracking you? The interwebz needs to know these things. Alrighty then.

Last year the race website posted live results as runners crossed the finish line.  I don't know if they'll do that again (Oski stalked me last year).  I was thinking of maybe carrying my phone and have my live Garmin tracking turned on, since this isn't a goal race and my expectations aren't high.  Anyone who's my FB friend would be able to "watch" my race.  So speaking of which, this is a very hilly course.  I ran a 1:53 last year and had a very bad race.  I am just hoping to avoid that again.  I'll be very happy if I break 1:40.

<3

LRB

4 walked with my friend, 4 run solo.  43 partly cloudy degrees.

Nice!

I'm supposed to do a VO2 max workout tomorrow.  Um, that's gonna be extremely difficult in this shit:

LRB

I ran a 1:53 last year and had a very bad race.

You are a much more enlightened and smarter runner now, you are going to own this bitch.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You are a much more enlightened and smarter runner now, you are going to own this bitch.

What he said.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3-4 on the treadmill plus some strength stuff on tap for today. I'm having a massive first world problem right now: I desperately want to try the new Tempo 7 with Boost midsole, but I do not need another pair of shoes right now and I also do not like paying full retail for shoes. My other first world problem is the water coming out of the ceiling light fixture in the guest room, but thinking about shoes is more fun than thinking about all the repairs that my house will need after this winter (insurance will cover it at least).

Jack congrats to your DD!

If it helps, I tried on the 6 the other day. They were one of the "shoes like mine" results I got on RW. I didn't like them, felt too narrow close to my toes. I didn't need shoes, but came away with a pair of Wave Riders & Wave Creations. They were clearance (as were the Boosts).

Extreme weather has a way of pointing out home repairs. During tropical storm Isabel, I got to watch water come in above our French doors to the deck.

From the Internet.

I bought the Tempo 6 on clearance (which was still like 80 freakin bucks) and it was a complete waste of money. The color was God awful and the shoe did not compare favorably to my DST (wasn't even close actually) despite "claims" that Adidas is  the superior shoe company.

What I took from that is sometimes the best shoe for you is the one you have, and to turn a deaf ear to all the noise coming others regarding their best shoe.

Boost products are all the rage right now but cost a million dollars. I would like to try the Tempo 7 but it is unlikely I will ever spend $80 on an experiment again. A failed experiment at that.

The only reason I'm intrigued by the Boost is because I already have and love the tempo 6 - it's my favorite speedwork/racing shoe. Love my DSTs for pretty much everything else, but they feel a little clunky in comparison sometimes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it's time to get my eyes checked...when I was scrolling down, I first read Cjones1 name as "Cojones1".... 

I always read it that way, maybe because cojones is the word in Spanish that comes to mind, LOL.

Damaris

Cyberic

You might feel that for a few days, I know I did!

Maybe I did not do them correctly, but to me H pace is somewhat like I pace, only said differently. Since I've been doing 200s and 400s at R speed lately, the pace today felt comfortable. Of course I was pretty winded at the end because when I do R repeats, I take more recovery time that it takes to do the reps, whereas in H (or I) intervals, it's the opposite.

Today's H pace was ~6:10/mile, and my R pace is more in the 5:35/mile range (says foot pod. Might not be correct pace, but it gives an idea of H vs R pace.)

I'm saying all this because I don't *think* I'll be feeling them that much.

In two weeks, when I'll enter phase 3, I'll have 4 weeks of such as this (this is week one of phase 3):

Wednesday: 4 x 5min H w/3 min jg (program asks for Intervals, in meters, but I converted it in minutes.)

Thursday:  4 x 1 T w/1 min jg

Now *that* I think I'll feel for a few days, lol

Little Blue

Nice!

I'm supposed to do a VO2 max workout tomorrow.  Um, that's gonna be extremely difficult in this shit:

What???? It looks perfectly clear and sunny to me.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Well, you are polite...

Just on the net. Not in real life. Surprised

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Hip Redux

(Oski stalked me last year).  

Damn straight I did!

Hip Redux

When we lived there, we were directly told by a native "Honey, if you weren't born here, you'll never be a Texan".

So I have been having a lot of knee soreness lately, but haven't felt it while running. Until today. My planned 10ish on the treadmill was cut down to 5. And even that was a stretch. Shitshitshitshit.

Same feeling as before?  From the fall?   BOOO.

happylily

Been very busy at work and outside of work as well and now trying to catch up with all of you. You're a chatty bunch, that's all I'll say. Oh and... hi Lori! I'm so happy to see you here.

I found a small group of runners, in my town, and I did a few easy runs with them this week. Yes, outside! I admit it was rather pleasant. I may join them on a regular basis. But I'll have to buy more appropriate winter gear first. I never realized just how expensive winter clothes are... Anyway, I have 8 later, indoors. Simply been working on building a base for this fall.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Did corework. My feet and ankles were protesting yesterday's workout standing on the BOSU.

Little Blue

Did corework. My feet and ankles were protesting yesterday's workout standing on the BOSU.

I'm dumb.  What is a BOSU?