Beginners and Beyond

MarathonMondailies (Read 24 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

5 over easy for me. Go Bluerun!

delicate flower

BLUERUN, YOU GOT THIS!!  Looks a little warm and humid in Beantown today.  I need to pull myself away from the TV and go get my own run done.  Company holiday today.

<3

Go Blue!

40 min pool run; had a couple of bouts of wicked knees joint pain, both knees, in the middle of the night… long cockamamie story but its likely not a bad thing but minor good thing.  The last time it happened was February 2000 when big snows forced me to do two 16s on two of the major arteries feeding the Washington Beltway (Rte. 236 & Braddock Rd.); no one runs on those roads anytime…and I had only run on road 4 times in the previous 12 months…very distinct memory.

Pool running, with the down stroke with no bottom, stretches out the knee joint.  For Thursday I have been planning that as a pool run only day because of an change in my work schedule that day.

delicate flower

I need to pull myself away from the TV

Is anybody watching this?  wtf is happening???

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Is anybody watching this?  wtf is happening???

C J Albertson took a big early lead (his birthday today) of over 2 minutes at one point.  He's slowing down as he enters the Newton Hills and the chase pack has picked up the pace and is closing rapidly.

On the women's side Hasay and Linden are both out of contention, but Nell Rojas, whose father Rick was an elite runner, is hanging tough with the leaders.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

C J Albertson took a big early lead (his birthday today) of over 2 minutes at one point.  He's slowing down as he enters the Newton Hills and the chase pack has picked up the pace and is closing rapidly.

On the women's side Hasay and Linden are both out of contention, but Nell Rojas, whose father Rick was an elite runner, is hanging tough with the leaders.

Sorry, yes, I am watching and am impressed with CJ Albertson's breakaway.  Usually you see one guy bolt out in front and fade after a mile or two, but he's going on 20 miles now.  Looks like that's about to end though.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 4 or my RD, PT and a massage.

Go, Blue!

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Blue is killing it so far. Still on pace for a 3:06 through Half 20k 15k

Yeah just came here to post - 1:33 at the half. 

She's the only one from anywhere in the forums I am tracking, but I have 6 people from my running group.

6 miles for me this morning.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Blue is killing it so far. On pace for a 3:07 through 25k Half 20k 15k

are the newton hills around mile 20-21?

are the newton hills around mile 20-21?

Around 17-21

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Around 17-21

so she's in them now...hope she hangs in there

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, Blue!!!

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

a little slower in the hills but still on 3:10 pace...

never heard of Colin Bennie or CJ Albertson, the top 2 US men, but they ran great races. I think I've heard Nell Rojas' name...also a great race for her.

Shalane Flanagan 2:46 yesterday and 2:40 today. Pretty amazing

sdWhiskers

Shalane Flanagan 2:46 yesterday and 2:40 today. Pretty amazing

And only a few minutes behind Des. Not bad for retired.