Beginners and Beyond

No Wakerife Wednesday Penguins Today! (Read 33 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I definitely have no problems sleeping -- I'm happiest when I get about 9 hours a night.  Of course, I rarely get that much, but oh well.  Doc appointment yesterday went fine, so I had my last dose of prednisone today and I'm officially "over" my episode.  Now I just have to get a repeat abdominal and lung CT scan in January to make sure the lymph nodes have settled down, and I'm good to go.

Scotty -- good to hear there was no puking on the riverboat!!

Stone -- have a good SRD!!

Pad -- have a good 1 and cross!!

Jerryb -- 50 states sounds like a nice goal, but I'm glad it's not MY goal!!

D2 -- have a good MLR!!

Jack -- laughing at you already being packed!!

Robert -- have a good RD!!

jblack -- good morning!!

Zelanie -- BRRR!!!

Docket -- have a good 6-7!!

Dan -- have a good RD, and watch out for that weather!!

Obie -- enjoy the snow run!!

Bin -- have a good easy 2!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, in my doc appointment we went over all the tests I had done in the hospital.  Now I know that I DON'T have:

Toxoplasmosis

Parvovirus

Epstein-Barr

Lyme disease

Rubella

Rickettsia

HIV

Flu

Lupus

Hepatitis B

That's all I remember offhand, but it made me laugh!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

on my way to badass

HopesMom- Lyme disease was my first thought when you described your symptoms.  I live in the land of ticks.  Lyme is everyone's first thought around here.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I think it was everybody's first guess, although I didn't notice a particular bite area.  But we do have an indoor/outdoor dog and cat, and they bring in ticks even though we keep them treated, so it was a definite possibility.  I got two bags of doxycyline before they got the negative test back.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, in my doc appointment we went over all the tests I had done in the hospital.  Now I know that I DON'T have:

Toxoplasmosis

Parvovirus

Epstein-Barr

Lyme disease

Rubella

Rickettsia

HIV

Flu

Lupus

Hepatitis B

That's all I remember offhand, but it made me laugh!

Some of these are horrible.  Glad you don't have those!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, doctor confirmed I'll need surgery.  Sigh.  Fun, not.  But hoping for the pain to go away after that.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy SRD, StoneFence.

Gee, PAD, what's a '1 and cross"?   You do an easy 1-miler while criss-crossing streets?  Wink

Last nice day for us too for a while, Jerry.   It is already starting to get dark outside now.  Tomorrow...rain and only 54 degrees....Friday...only 39 degrees for a  high.  Blech!   Get that 10 in while you can!

Happy trail running, Dave.  Tilted Kilt?

Will you get to FE with Cherie, Jack?  If so, I expect Great Legs photos!  Joking

Happy RD, Robert.

19 degrees?  In Oregon?  Didn't realize it got that cold there.  Zelanie, you better put on your lumberjacket... Wink

Yeah, good luck with that, Dan.  I think the nasty weather is coming tonite, isn't it?  At least the beginnings of it.  Hope you can get your run in.

Good luck with the snow run, obiebyke...hope it is not that 'slushy' stuff, that is so nasty to run in...shades of Paul Simon....'Slip-slidin' away...."

How are the legs, Bin?

Damaris, so sorry about the needed surgery.  Any word on recovery time for you?

There would only be puking if I was ON the boat, HsM.  Me and boats do not get along.  Sounds like you are turning into a walking, talking, breathing 'medical classroom" for medical students.  Glad you seem to be on the road to recovery.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: Haha... I will have to get her permission for that. Smile

on my way to badass

Damaris- Sorry to hear about the needed surgery.  If laproscopic, recovery can be pretty quick.  Fingers crossed for you.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

Scotty - sounds like a great run.

Stonefence, Robert, Dan - enjoy the rest day

PADRunner - are you doing a streak?

Jerry- hope your run in the sun goes well.  The cold isn't supposed to get here until Friday, but I plan to enjoy the nice weather today too.

Dave - enjoy your trail run.

Jack - I'm sure you'll do great in Tucson.  Enjoy your run today.

Zelanie - did you run in that cold weather?

Obie - do you wear special shoes in the snow?  Have fun.

Bin - enjoy your easy run.  Hope the legs are still behaving.

HopesMom - is the rash completely gone?  I've heard of people having stomach issues from too much anti-inflammatories, I've never heard of that kind of all over allergic reaction.  I hope you're completely healed quickly.

Damaris - I'm sorry about the surgery, but also glad that they can do something about the fibroids.  Time to get rid of the acute pain so you can enjoy your races again.

AFM:  I plan to get out and do a short run soon.  I'm dreading the hills, but I know my lungs and legs really need them.  I'm not sure whether I should do walk-runs until I get used to running more often or not.  I don't want to do a formal c25k type thing, since I know I can run 3 miles straight, but I've only been running once a week, and moving from 3 miles a week to 9 or 10 is going to be a stress on my body.

obiebyke

Ginny--Can you do one "long" straight 3 mile a week and then do an accelerated C25K type plan for the additional runs, as a way to slowly build mileage and stamina? I might do that.

I'm planning on doing my run with regular shoes with a brand new pair of these strapped on.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

PADRunner

I'm planning on doing my run with regular shoes with a brand new pair of these strapped on.

I might need those for Sunday.

Zelanie

Ginny- That's classified. Smile The next 3 weeks are the 2013 finals, and our team is still in the running. I just wish I had a spare set of legs this week since I'm not that far out from my half.

I would think the walk breaks would be helpful for cardio more than for avoiding injury, since it doesn't lessen time on you feet. But I do like the idea of adding shorter runs for you other runs in the week, and then gradually increasing those maybe?

D- Sorry that you need surgery. Are you going to be able to schedule around goal races?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There cannot be goal races while I still have this issue.  I cannot run without pain for a long period of time, so the marathons I have until then will have to be just for fun like the last 5 I did.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I am hungry and bored.  I'm starting the countdown, at 1 hour 10 minutes.

Plus, I want to talk dinner!!  I'm having dinner out with my quartet tonight, and I'm thinking either a nice sub sandwich or possibly a calzone.

What are y'all planning for dinner?