Beginners and Beyond

Pre-race FriDailies (Read 36 times)

sdWhiskers

I ran 5 plodding miles... caught in a catch-22 because I feel like I'd be faster (and, um, happier) if I were to drop these twenty unnecessary pounds but I can't do that because I like to eat things that are bad for me.  Plod on.

And this is my world, ha

You don't seem to view your running in too much of a positive light...but I did want to say that you inspire me to keep on going. Happy or not with your performances, you keep getting out there. I'd say be kinder to yourself but I'm also just an internet stranger who doesn't really know you at all so feel free to ignore.

sdWhiskers

3 easy miles plus some strides to try and work out some of the lingering DOMS from my strength training session on Wed. Maybe it worked.

TGIF that's for sure. We've negotiated the cost of a new AC/furnace down to the low low price of only $6K. So yeah, trying not to think about all the things I could be doing with that money. Our heat wave has subsided here mostly but the AC guys are still pretty booked up; it'll be another week before I can sleep in <80 degree temps.

I think any moving light in the sky here ends up being commercial or military aircraft. I'm also not looking forward to the time when I'll be back to running in the dark...

Half Crazy K 2.0

TGIF that's for sure. We've negotiated the cost of a new AC/furnace down to the low low price of only $6K. So yeah, trying not to think about all the things I could be doing with that money. Our heat wave has subsided here mostly but the AC guys are still pretty booked up; it'll be another week before I can sleep in <80 degree temps.

I'm jealous. I think we paid around $8 the first go round. We have 2 heat pumps that we replaced separately. The second went up about 2 or 3 years after the first.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  I'm not in my office very often these days due to my project work, but when I am, man do I get bombarded by people and everybody needs stuff NOW.  Cripes.

Anyway, I swam 4200 yards before work and have an easy run to do after work.  Tomorrow is my big 100 mile bike ride at race effort.  Should be interesting. 

<3

DavePNW

Hi. I'm still alive. Hope everyone is doing OK

I have been sticking to the stationary bike at the gym every morning. Except for the 2 weeks recently I was sidelined with a severe back pain flareup. Today, I followed up my usual 45 min bike session with a 1 mile jog on the treadmill. My first attempt in quite some time. It was...eh. I've actually had a really sore ankle for a week or so now; I have no idea where the f that came from, but it was my biggest problem and pretty annoying. My hip, the cause of my layoff - I was feeling it, but it was fairly manageable. I will see if I can get back into it.

Anyway, it's something. Happy Friday everyone.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

And this is my world, ha

You don't seem to view your running in too much of a positive light...but I did want to say that you inspire me to keep on going. Happy or not with your performances, you keep getting out there. I'd say be kinder to yourself but I'm also just an internet stranger who doesn't really know you at all so feel free to ignore.

Well, it's part of life, and I don't view that as a very positive thing either!  I've long said that if I had the option to quit running without turning into even more a mental basket case than I already am, I would, but I can't, so... I guess I don't really have a choice about whether I want to be masochistic that way.  (You know how they say the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result?  Like that.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Well, it's part of life, and I don't view that as a very positive thing either!  I've long said that if I had the option to quit running without turning into even more a mental basket case than I already am, I would, but I can't, so... I guess I don't really have a choice about whether I want to be masochistic that way.  (You know how they say the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result?  Like that.)

My best advice for you?  Stay away from ultras.

Dave - HI !

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Baboon

delicate flower

Dave - HI !

I think Bert said it best here.

<3

LRB

Runshortii

I ran 4. Low key 5K tomorrow. Only 2 miles from my house so that’s nice. I would like to officially break 21:00, but it’s still going to be humid so we’ll see.

Cyberic

Hey DaveP. Will you just hurry up and heal, please.

Ran 25K (15 miles-ish)  with 12K @ MP  (7.5ish). Got another f-ing side sidestich at about 5 miles into my MP stretch. WTF is wrong with me? Stopped for a minute or so, and then resumed.

Cyberic

Oh, and Bert-O, on my vitrual beach, please bring your towel. I would prefer you not showing up nekked.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Good luck Jay and Shortii !!

Whiskers - **ugh** on the AC.  Hope the weather is in your favor until it gets fixed.

Cy - How often do you get sidestitches?  Very nice run though.

3/17 - NYC Half

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Oh, and Bert-O, on my vitrual beach, please bring your towel. I would prefer you not showing up nekked.

DW has that covered.

3/17 - NYC Half

Cyberic

Good luck Jay and Shortii !!

Whiskers - **ugh** on the AC.  Hope the weather is in your favor until it gets fixed.

Cy - How often do you get sidestitches?  Very nice run though.

Got them in my spring HM. I get them once in a while in training runs. I do get them sometimes in intervals, but I get rests, so not too bad. The worse is in Tempo runs, races... I can't say how often I get them, but it got worse lately. In the past year or so. It's not just a fluke anymore. It's a thing.