Beginners and Beyond

Paris Marathon RR (Read 85 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nothing was blooming.  It still looked like Winter over there.  Last week it was in the 30-50F so I assume it just warmed up this week  It was just gorgeous.  You know you want to run it!

Damaris

happylily

Nothing was blooming.  It still looked like Winter over there.  Last week it was in the 30-50F so I assume it just warmed up this week  It was just gorgeous.  You know you want to run it!

I'd love to. I lived an entire year just outside of Paris. I remembered it snowed only once or twice, and so lightly it was all melted the next day. I thought that there'd be apple and cherry blossoms in the trees while you were there. And at least some tulips.

Was it difficult to get in?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think I already told you but great job getting it done with all that was thrown at you, I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to hills Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'd love to. I lived an entire year just outside of Paris. I remembered it snowed only once or twice, and so lightly it was all melted the next day. I thought that there'd be apple and cherry blossoms in the trees while you were there. And at least some tulips.

Was it difficult to get in?

Not really.  The lottery was more so that people could get discounts but after that, you could just register at the regular price.  I think they opened registrations for 2016 yesterday.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I already told you but great job getting it done with all that was thrown at you, I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to hills Smile

Thanks!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And wine, wine galore.

Then why does the one photo seem to have a beer in your hand?

A race like that can be an encouragement and incentive for the next one. You know beyond a doubt that you can run much faster.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Nice race, even with the asthma attack, Paris can have really bad pollution! Sounds like a short but sweet visit.

I was a huge fan of the water bottles at the aid stations as well there. About the course, I'm not sure if they've run under the tower before (although that would be cool). There's a ten miler that starts beside the tower if you're around in the fall :P.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice race, even with the asthma attack, Paris can have really bad pollution! Sounds like a short but sweet visit.

I was a huge fan of the water bottles at the aid stations as well there. About the course, I'm not sure if they've run under the tower before (although that would be cool). There's a ten miler that starts beside the tower if you're around in the fall :P.

Thanks!

Sure, I'll just get right on the plane then! :-P

Damaris

LRB

That was my lunch post marathon.  I wanted a burger and nachos.  Only place to get it there!  But the rest were awesome meats and stuff.  As usual, the best food I have ever had.

And wine, wine galore.

I love you.

LRB

The meat looks succulent, but what's with the fat fries?

Those are known as steak fries in the states. Not sure what they go by there though.

And you are funny!

hog4life

You always amaze me at how strong of a runner you are. Lookslike a good trip except maybe not quite long enough.

I think you are AMAZING!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Zelanie

Wow, sounds like your training has gone really well lately and your lungs are improving a ton!  I'm sorry that you had an asthma attack during the race, but looking forward to reading about future PRs.  And glad you got the trip to Paris in!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

Damaris

Great job, D.  One of these times, your asthma will behave, and you'll crush that PR.  Other than that, omg Paris.  Mad jelly;  tres cool.

(And of course, outfit to match the Elixirs = :thumbsup: ) Big grin