Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #136 (Read 31 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning Peeps.

Most likely gonna be an RD today, I think...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I ran a virtual 5K today. I PRed. It doesn't really count and that makes me sad.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 10 and it's my off Friday so I slept in until Trixie decided to wake me up. Now she is sleeping, so revenge will be swift and sweet.

First day without my allergy meds so I can take an allergy test Wednesday. I'm already dying, lol. I might run on the TM until I can take Zyrtec.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have 10 and it's my off Friday so I slept in until Trixie decided to wake me up. Now she is sleeping, so revenge will be swift and sweet.

First day without my allergy meds so I can take an allergy test Wednesday. I'm already dying, lol. I might run on the TM until I can take Zyrtec.

Ugh, that sucks... so you have to be without your meds for nearly a week before taking an allergy test?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Doctor: “You have allergies. You should take Zyrtec or something.”

Dave

sdWhiskers

I had an allergy test a few years ago and every single thing reacted, except dog. My back was a hot mess for hours.

When I lived in the Northeast, I mainly only had allergy issues in May and it was pretty bad. Living in CA, I feel like it's spread more randomly through the year and then never as intense. Usually super itchy nose and eyes. DS breaks out in a rash when he lays down on grass.

sdWhiskers

3.5 miles this morning to test out my foot. Felt ok and feels ok now.

DS joined me at first but 0.4 miles in he tripped on the sidewalk, flew like superman, and scraped up his knees, hands and hips  

3.5 miles this morning to test out my foot. Felt ok and feels ok now.

DS joined me at first but 0.4 miles in he tripped on the sidewalk, flew like superman, and scraped up his knees, hands and hips  

You can tell him he’s a real runner now.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had an allergy test a few years ago and every single thing reacted, except dog. My back was a hot mess for hours.

When I lived in the Northeast, I mainly only had allergy issues in May and it was pretty bad. Living in CA, I feel like it's spread more randomly through the year and then never as intense. Usually super itchy nose and eyes. DS breaks out in a rash when he lays down on grass.

That's what I'm afraid of. Last time they tested via blood because I couldn't do the skin test one due to me not being able to drop Zyrtec without dying. It's better now so hoping I can do it finally. I suspect I'm allergic to a local tree, air, water, life, etc.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, that sucks... so you have to be without your meds for nearly a week before taking an allergy test?

Yeap because they want your body to react properly to the allergies they will test for.

Damaris

I’ll consider myself lucky, I’ve narrowed it down and believe my spring allegories are only maple trees .

6.2 so far, hope for another 2-3 this afternoon 😀😮😮😮 it might be 85😮😮😮

sdWhiskers

You can tell him he’s a real runner now.

Exactly!

GinnyinPA

Sometimes when you move to a new area, with completely different vegetation, you develop a lot of new allergies because your system isn't used to them. When I moved east, I went from occasional allergies to year around. Since grass is one of them, and I live in suburbia where someone is mowing almost every day, I'm only free of problems in winter or when it is so hot the grass stops growing.

sdWhiskers

When I moved to FL, jasmine became the death of me. And it was EVERYWHERE. I still cross the street when I see/smell it, which thankfully isn't very much in my current neighborhood.

DS and I are both allergic to cats, according to the allergy test. But with no real obvious signs. I've had one for the past 16 years of my life and will continue to do so. I'll probably never have more than one at a time though.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeap because they want your body to react properly to the allergies they will test for.

Ugh, I'm hoping my son doesn't turn up with any allergies, especially to animals. My stepsons grew up without allergies until about early 20's, then one of them just out of nowhere started getting deathly allergic to cats and dander, 5 or so years later he can't even come into our upstairs house and his twin is allergic to animals and dander but not as bad.

PRs