Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #136 (Read 31 times)

DavePNW

12 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 10 this morning.

Less than 2 minutes movie Out of Touch. A bit old but I just saw it today https://youtu.be/wfGAktuU93s

DavePNW

I have a lot to say about allergies, but too lazy to get into it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Thunderbirds flew overhead here today. Cool tribute but also kinda meh as I live 2 miles from the base where fighter jets take off all day long. Pretty funny on webex meetings now because they'll be crazy loud flying over my house then go away and I can hear them coming from a colleague's audio.

For people into that stuff, they have the F-35C now, which are the newest ones that land on the aircraft carriers. A few weeks ago they were practicing night landings--so take off, land, take off, land...   

My son after eating Nutella for the third time asked “why does Nutella make your lips and tongue feel funny?” We took him to an allergist and had to do a blood test. Turns out he’s allergic to most all tree nuts but almonds are okay so are peanuts. First time the allergist had ever seen that.

I for the first time seemed to be bothered by allergies this spring. No test done Just had bad itchy throat and sneezing. Got the Costco allergy meds and it helped. 

8 miles ✅

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thunderbirds flew overhead here today. Cool tribute but also kinda meh as I live 2 miles from the base where fighter jets take off all day long. Pretty funny on webex meetings now because they'll be crazy loud flying over my house then go away and I can hear them coming from a colleague's audio.

For people into that stuff, they have the F-35C now, which are the newest ones that land on the aircraft carriers. A few weeks ago they were practicing night landings--so take off, land, take off, land...   

I live near Martin State Airport. We see the A-10s on a regular, almost daily basis. Last week they did a flyover on Saturday, which was no different for us than any other day of the week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They passed by here Wednesday and I forgot to check it out. 🤦‍♀️

Damaris

KCRuns

I did a 2 mile run/walk on iFit and picked one that was in Germany during Christmas, so pretty! And then I added another mile on my own.

bluerun

Super B****

Aaaaand our stay at home order has been extended to 5/28

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Aaaaand our stay at home order has been extended to 5/28

I saw that, but the beaches will open for Memorial Day. Is that common core date math?

PS, although you guys are the only ones waiting to lower your peak before reopening.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I saw that, but the beaches will open for Memorial Day. Is that common core date math?

PS, although you guys are the only ones waiting to lower your peak before reopening.

Governor says the beaches will open, mayor says they won't. Because they're like bickering schoolchildren who can't agree on anything.

Now I read that the MTA wants to operate on a reservation system. I have never heard anything more ridiculous in my life.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Governor says the beaches will open, mayor says they won't. Because they're like bickering schoolchildren who can't agree on anything.

This sounds sort of like what's going on in MD. Governor said as a state, we could go to phase 1 of reopening. 4 counties have decided not to, which makes 0 sense since all you have to do is travel to an open county.  Ocean City did open, there was a back up going across the Bay Bridge this evening

bluerun

Super B****

This sounds sort of like what's going on in MD. Governor said as a state, we could go to phase 1 of reopening. 4 counties have decided not to, which makes 0 sense since all you have to do is travel to an open county.  Ocean City did open, there was a back up going across the Bay Bridge this evening

I feel like what the governor says overrides what the mayor says, but I could be wrong (not that I care -- they're both idiots and I never liked either of them, though the governor does put on a better show of not being a total inept buffoon than the mayor)

chasing the impossible

The MCM says they are still on for 2020 so far ... they are offer deferral for $30, offering 2021 or 2022, or 2023

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Indiana opened all counties but 3, one of them Marion County which is the whole of Indianapolis. You can travel to and from it, though.

Damaris