Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #155 (Read 26 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Failed attempt at running before work #2. I ran, but still didn't get out of the house until 7:45. I need to do this closer to 7am. It was so sticky out there, that should be enough reason to get my ass up and moving. 4 slow miles. Slow to the point of it raises the question again of do I run easy stuff too slow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 13 miles on the TM at some point.

HCK, I'm always slower in the morning no matter when I wake up and how long I wait before heading out.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 10 with Mona. Another warm day here - getting to 85

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

11.1 miles rollerblading this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Rest, no tiny recovery run, right ankle a little cranky from the dirt yesterday

bluerun

Super B****

5.42 with a Global Running Day 5K in which I set yet another PR that doesn't count (19:27, for DaveP)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

7 with 6 x 3 min at 5k with 3 min recovery jog. Finally feeling fit at these faster paces, who am I? Have 3 more miles in the PM instead of doing 10 this morning. Panhandlers were back out today for first time in months.

HCK--for all easy runs I never go by pace but HR/effort. For me, that's HR in the 140s. Sometimes that puts pace around 10 and sometimes 11:30 if I'm super tired, it's hot, etc.

Cyberic

5.42 with a Global Running Day 5K in which I set yet another PR that doesn't count (19:27, for DaveP)

Congrats! I think that is faster than my PR time, I'd have to check.

Good job on the workouts SD and Onemile.

Me, I found a park with PoPs!!! And a jug of soapy water next to them. That park is about 2.5 miles from home and there is a stretch of about 410m long that is flat and wide on which I can do fast repeats and not annoy anyone.

Ran 4x200-4x400-4x200, jog back to start recoveries.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, congrats on the 5k PB!

Cyberic, I'm jealous you found a POP. They are almost non-existent here aside from construction sites.

Cyberic

Bluerun, congrats on the 5k PB!

Cyberic, I'm jealous you found a POP. They are almost non-existent here aside from construction sites.

I'm delighted I did. Takes much stress off my shoulders. I've seen 4 in the park. It's not a very big park but hey, even if I don't run in the park, I can run by it on my routes knowing that there are POPs there.

MTA: There are 3 or 4 parks in the city that have done that, one of them right next to where I live, so not useful to me. It is to avoid people relieving themselves all over the place.

onemile

I'm delighted I did. Takes much stress off my shoulders. I've seen 4 in the park. It's not a very big park but hey, even if I don't run in the park, I can run by it on my routes knowing that there are POPs there.

MTA: There are 3 or 4 parks in the city that have done that, one of them right next to where I live, so not useful to me. It is to avoid people relieving themselves all over the place.

I seem to remember you were going to do a time trial if you had the toilet situation figured out. 

onemile

congrats!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, blue!

So in the what canceled today, we have Big Sur and Monterrey Bay HM. They had initially moved Big Sur to the day of Monterrey since it's the same RDs but no, November racing is closed.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

In what's not cancelled (lol, yet), saw the the rescheduled Delaware marathon thinks they are holding the race on August 2. Delaware just entered phase one of reopening on Monday. Oh, it's the same race management company that think Baltimore is going to happen. And even if it were to happen, who on earth would want to run a marathon in the Mid Atlantic in August? A 5k at that time is almost unbearable.

sdWhiskers

While I think it will definitely be cancelled for 2020, it would be great if San Diego RnR was postponed to December. Weather would be as perfect as it could be for a marathon here.