Beginners and Beyond

It's my first Fridalies (Read 54 times)

LRB

I have not seen any paper towels yet, so I am guessing no.

lol

Will you be here next weekend? I want you to come over so I can cook for you and your honey.

Half Crazy K 2.0

9.6 with 5 x 1 mile + 3 x 200. Plan called for the miles at 8:40-8:56. ROFL. I haven't hit that over an entire 5k in a while. They were at HM-ish pace. Good enough.

onemile

lol

Will you be here next weekend? I want you to come over so I can cook for you and your honey.

Wow, maybe I should run Detroit

onemile

Onemile: It look like we are both training to bust the 1:30 barrier.

No, I'm training to bust the 3:15 barrier

onemile

9.6 with 5 x 1 mile + 3 x 200. Plan called for the miles at 8:40-8:56. ROFL. I haven't hit that over an entire 5k in a while. They were at HM-ish pace. Good enough.

What does your plan use to determine that pace range?

Cyberic

So will 2:59 or 3:05 be the target?

Smile Going for 2:59 would be a great way to have a bad day.

I decided that since I don't race often, that exact workout would be my indication of progression (or regression). I decided that in March, and I'm glad I did it today. The marathon time prediction thing is just funny. I *think* I should be in sub 3:10 shape right now, but ain't got the guts to go find out. Yasso 800s it is 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looks like lots of good running workouts here today!

I got 2.5 easy treadmill miles during lunch with a few short strides/pickups towards the end.  Tomorrow is SRD and packet pickup followed by early bird dinner at 4p.  I'm still praying for a surprise cold front to blow through Chicago Sunday morning, but I'm also working on adjusting my attitude and expectations for warmer weather.

You and me both. But this is my 5th time there and it’s always been warm in the last 4 years. Boo.

3 done. My chest congestion continues. Bah.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lol

We will! Not sure if he will go for a homemade mealbut we have to meet for sure!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, I'm training to bust the 3:10 barrier

Fixed your typo.

Damaris

Cyberic

No, I'm training to bust the 3:15 barrier

You're gonna shatter it!

MTA: You still have about 50 miles on me. It feels like I'm drifting behind more and more every week.

Half Crazy K 2.0

What does your plan use to determine that pace range?

McMillan calculator/ I started paying $25/month for the McMillan Run Team.. No clue how it got that from the 5k I ran and August and then the 10k I just ran. Supposedly it accounts for improvements in fitness. I did ask the question to Greg himself of how on earth was I supposed to do 5 repeats at a faster pace than any recent 5k and should I shorten the distance or adjust the pace. He said to adjust the pace but do the full distance.

LRB

We will! Not sure if he will go for a homemade mealbut we have to meet for sure!

Well of course not, no one has time for any of that nonsense. lol

LRB

Wow, maybe I should run Detroit

Or maybe I should move to Indy. Big grin

KCRuns

You and me both. But this is my 5th time there and it’s always been warm in the last 4 years. Boo.

3 done. My chest congestion continues. Bah.

I didn’t realize you were also running Chicago. Good Luck this weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn’t realize you were also running Chicago. Good Luck this weekend!

Good luck as well!

Damaris