Beginners and Beyond

Slow Saturday (Read 32 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Everybody out running long today? Trying to get motivated to get out the door, at least I've done some laundry & shopping, so at least got something done.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Everybody out running long today?

Nah, medium run for me.  Cloudy day, so no rush to get out before the day heats up.  I ran a six mile hills route and managed to keep a fairly consistent set of splits for my run.  Now watching the World Cup, and if Germany can't score a couple of goals, they're out.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Sitting at my B&B watching the Germany v Sweden match. We walked around the town and through Canada and back.

Damaris

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Yep, long run today.  9.03 miles - yay!  Longest run since the comeback.  Went to the DMV to get my license renewed before it expires next week. Went to Home Depot to by a new garbage disposal - old one started leaking last week. I removed the old one a few days ago and will tackle the installation of the new one in a little bit.  Wish me luck!

Damaris - Hope you're enjoying some nice cool temps up there!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I rode 63 miles early this morning, then I had to go to work.  The ride part  was a lot better than the work part.

Have a good afternoon!

Runner with a riding problem.

Runshortii

D hope you’re having a good time!

i ran 14. At 6:30am no less. Maybe there’s hope for me being a morning runner. Wish my 10K was this morning instead of next week when it’s supposed to be warm and muggy again

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is in the 50s here and gorgeous. I can breathe y’all!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

8.5 miles on my hilly route this morning.  Tough getting out there after a boot camp class last night but at least the weather was perfect.

Driving through the traffic nightmare that is orange county now. DH has the Hermosa Beach triathlon in the morning.

Soggy, cooler, and humid out there this am. Decided to run at my local hilly park.  It started down pouring on me about 5 mins into my run .

3Mi Easy

3Mi Tempo Splits: 6:23, 6:21, 6:17 (right on target)

6.25Mi Easy

Total 12.25Mi Avg pace: 7:16

Legs were really tired and heavy. I had doubts about hitting pace but felt ok once I got moving. I feel like the core/strength work Ive been doing for the past 4-5weeks is really paying off. Shin felt fine on the hills too which is cool

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Baboon

delicate flower

3:18:31.

#racereport

<3

zzyzx

A few days ago I was having trouble standing up. Today I tried to go out. It was a shorter and slightly slower run than I had intended but I did 5 2/3 at 9:04 and then walked a mile, and then did another 2 at (mumble) pace. This was more about getting me back out there and doing something, so getting close to 8 miles in is a good thing.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 easy on the treadmill.

Baboon, nice race! See any bear or moose on the course?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

#racereport

Nice job!  Congrats!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

#racereport

Awesome!! You make it look easy.

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks, guys!

Awesome!! You make it look easy.

I was undertrained and felt it. Definitely not easy, and this one hurt a lot. I ran a good race though, given my lack of marathon training. I was all out of sorts when I finished. 1100' elevation gain. No bears or moose sightings for me, but other people saw some.

4 AG. God dammit!

<3