Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 23 times)

LRB

12 miles with RP along the coast. We started in the dark like usual but it was already getting warm and super dry. High 90 and current humidity is 13%. Which means I need to blow my nose a ton and drink more than usual.

Considering that all running felt like garbage a few weeks ago, I'm drastically better now. Don't get me wrong, the last mile was a slog but importantly, the first 10 felt pretty great. Progress.

We'll take it!👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, SD.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

12 miles with RP along the coast. We started in the dark like usual but it was already getting warm and super dry. High 90 and current humidity is 13%. Which means I need to blow my nose a ton and drink more than usual.

Considering that all running felt like garbage a few weeks ago, I'm drastically better now. Don't get me wrong, the last mile was a slog but importantly, the first 10 felt pretty great. Progress.

great to see you making so much progress!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

4 miles.

Thanks people. This is my first half since the same race 2 years ago, which was my PR. I’ve actually run this half twice, plus their full once, and ran a PR every time. In fact the full is what got me into Boston. It’s flat and the weather is is usually good this time of year. Tomorrow is low 50s with probably some rain. Bodes well! But I have no idea what kind of racing shape I’m in. I was feeling very sluggish for a long time this year, but just in the past few weeks I’ve been feeling a bit faster. So we’ll see; I’d like to go for it, but will play it by feel. Except I have no memory of what HM effort feels like. 

good luck tomorrow!

thanks everyone for the thoughts/wishes. I have mentally calmed down today. I think I was overtired yesterday with the sinus thing bothering me more than I knew. Will probably go short sleeves with arm warmers an/d or a throwaway long sleeve.

KCRuns

Good luck racing tomorrow, Wolvmer and Dave!

Today is a rest day for me.

delicate flower

9.12 @ 7:02 avg on the track.  Warm, humid, and windy, but I felt good.  Recovery is over!!

<3

DavePNW

9.12 @ 7:02 avg on the track.  Warm, humid, and windy, but I felt good.  Recovery is over!!

Good! You’ve got more marathoning to do!

Dave

LRB

Tomorrow is low 50s with probably some rain. Bodes well! But I have no idea what kind of racing shape I’m in. I was feeling very sluggish for a long time this year, but just in the past few weeks I’ve been feeling a bit faster. So we’ll see; I’d like to go for it, but will play it by feel. Except I have no memory of what HM effort feels like

If you look down at your watch a half mile after the start and seriously start to question whether you can hold that effort for 12.5 more miles, you've found it. 

DavePNW

If you look down at your watch a half mile after the start and seriously start to question whether you can hold that effort for 12.5 more miles, you've found it. 

LOL truth. The HM is so tough because it should be at least a medium-hard effort right from the get-go, but you still have a pretty long ways.

Dave