Beginners and Beyond

Veterans Day MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Cyberic

I could really use another gift. Especially if I am supposed to run double digits every day

You up for that? Not being sarcastic. It takes a lot of motivation to run over 11 hours per week. Maybe 12, depending on your avg pace for the week.

DavePNW

I could really use another gift. Especially if I am supposed to run double digits every day

Not every day - only 6 days a week!

Dave

LRB

The ones I got are nothing special. Just cheapish fleece mittens. The woman was shopping for winter stuff for her and the kids, and she asked me to try on mittens and gloves to see if they'd fit our son (he has almost axactly my frame). While doing so, I saw the mittens and they seemed pretty good for the price (15 CDN, so about $11.50 USD).

Makes sense. I would start with fleece if it were up to me. My first pair of good running gloves were fleece. Incredibly, they got me through an entire season my first winter of running! (2011 - 12) What??

onemile

Not every day - only 6 days a week!

Correct.  And two of the runs I can split up into doubles.

LRB

Those could serve double duty, for when you want to play with your pet falcons.

I am feeling really beat up this morning. I am about to go for a short run, and it’s going to suck.

I could also safely deep fry fish.

But you are running. Go proudly and get that suck with your head up. lol

onemile

You up for that? Not being sarcastic. It takes a lot of motivation to run over 11 hours per week. Maybe 12, depending on your avg pace for the week.

I feel like motivation wise I am okay.

Last week I ran 36 of the miles with URP (including the hard 2k workout)

and 15 miles with RRP

This makes a huge difference.  URP said he'd do 12 with me tonight (if I don't split it into 2 runs)

LRB

LRB, in MD, there was an infamous Veteran's day snowstorm in 1987 (had to Google the year). We got almost a foot of snow, no one was prepared,  many kids had to spend the night at schools.  I lived less than a half mile from our school,  so that didn't effect me.

You win?

Early snow isn't uncommon "up north" so it's harder to get a read on it for southeast Michigan where I roam. I'm sure I'll hear about it from someone at some point...

bluerun

Super B****

lol - Can I laugh at that? Oops, I already did. (it was funny!)

Mine doesn't upgrade my condition until the next run, so at least you have that going for you!

What's your goal for the half? 1:28 ish?

I'm not sure that I have one -- I'm only doing it because I need a November HM. I haven't even registered for the damn thing yet. It depends on how I feel, I guess... right now I don't think I could even run under 1:35. Time will tell.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I feel like motivation wise I am okay.

That's the most important variable! In years past, I would start bitchin' and moanin' 8 weeks in and I really believe being ready to just get it over with was/is not healthy mentally for distance training. This year, I was locked and loaded for 16 weeks...of course, that didn't help me race any better but I never felt like the training was a drag.

bluerun

Super B****

That's the most important variable! In years past, I would start bitchin' and moanin' 8 weeks in and I really believe being ready to just get it over with was/is not healthy mentally for distance training. This year, I was locked and loaded for 16 weeks...of course, that didn't help me race any better but I never felt like the training was a drag.

But you spend a lot more time training than racing, so there is that.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I'm not sure that I have one -- I'm only doing it because I need a November HM. I haven't even registered for the damn thing yet. It depends on how I feel, I guess... right now I don't think I could even run under 1:35. Time will tell.

This bodes well...

LRB

But you spend a lot more time training than racing, so there is that.

#truth

bluerun

Super B****

This bodes well...

Does it??

chasing the impossible

LRB

Does it??

It did last time! And all the times before that, too. Well, mostly.

bluerun

Super B****

It did last time! And all the times before that, too. Well, mostly.

Hahahaha yes, this is why I like late registration, though! You don't have to register if you know it will go terribly. Except that this time I'm registering regardless, because I really just need a November HM. To the extent that I am going to drive over two hours for this.

chasing the impossible