Beginners and Beyond

Veterans Day MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  The work day/week has just started and I am already pissed off.  Meh.

I am happy to be tapering now despite my comparatively low mileage.  I didn't build up any huge weeks, but I was a steady 60 mpw the past two months, which is still double what I've been used to the past few years.  It's been a good training cycle.  My body is feeling it.     

We've got our first bit of wintry mix coming tomorrow, but it should be melted away by the weekend.

<3

LRB

The season of depression is upon us. Where's my damn sun lamp at...

LRB

'Morning.  The work day/week has just started and I am already pissed off.  Meh.

Give 'em the hand while saying, marathon.

onemile

but it should be melted away by the weekend.

that's the saving grace of all of this snow we've been getting. It melts within a few days as we get up back near 40

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I RAN!! 5 miles, and my watch gave me a performance condition of -13 within the first few minutes. Lovely. I improved to -3 by the end, so yay? My training status now says "no status." I must be dead.

The idea of running a HM this weekend is hilarious because I kind of feel like I've never run before in my life. But at least no snow!!

Same. My cough hasn't gotten any better and has continued to get worse. This started for me on 10/21, and I've been to the doctor 5 times now. I can only get a few hours of sleep a night and spend the rest of the time coughing. I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point, so just hoping and praying that it sorts itself out, fast!

Hope you all have been logging the miles for me!?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Baboon

delicate flower

I RAN!! 5 miles, and my watch gave me a performance condition of -13 within the first few minutes. Lovely. I improved to -3 by the end, so yay? My training status now says "no status." I must be dead. 

Welcome back to teh glorious RUNNING!!  Re: that Garmin performance condition, some day I will try to understand it, but sometimes I think it is full of crap.  Like, it doesn't understand the concept of recovery workouts.  I'll be doing a nice, easy, enjoyable five miler the day after a long run, and Garmin will give me a -7 and say I am worthless.  It seems that unless I am going balls out on every workout, it'll say I am underperforming and losing fitness.

<3

onemile

I'll be doing a nice, easy, enjoyable five miler the day after a long run, and Garmin will give me a -7 and say I am worthless.  It seems that unless I am going balls out on every workout, it'll say I am underperforming and losing fitness.

well it's based on your HR and pace so if your HR reading is high for a slow run, it gives you a bad rating. But it knows nothing about the weather/wind/hills whatever.  And then if you wear it on top of your sleeve, it knows even less 

bluerun

Super B****

well it's based on your HR and pace so if your HR reading is high for a slow run, it gives you a bad rating. But it knows nothing about the weather/wind/hills whatever.  And then if you wear it on top of your sleeve, it knows even less 

My HR was like 135 when it told me -13...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I think it's based on HR Variability given only by a strap, as wrist HRM is not precise enough to get HRV, unless that has changed in later Garmin watches...

LRB

I think it's based on HR Variability given only by a strap, as wrist HRM is not precise enough to get HRV, unless that has changed in later Garmin watches...

Couldn't tell ya. I do know that other than for internet forum fodder, it's completely useless to me.

onemile

My HR was like 135 when it told me -13...

and what was your pace? And does it know your max?

bluerun

Super B****

and what was your pace? And does it know your max?

Not very fast, 9:00 or something -- it should, I have auto detect on the physiological metrics. I just checked the user profile on the watch and it says my max is 210, which, WHAT?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

Couldn't tell ya. I do know that other than for internet forum fodder, it's completely useless to me.

Agreed.

<3

onemile

Not very fast, 9:00 or something -- it should, I have auto detect on the physiological metrics. I just checked the user profile on the watch and it says my max is 210, which, WHAT?

that's why it thinks you can run a 2:30 marathon 

Cyberic

Useless to me too, but I can't stand not understanding stuff.

https://support.garmin.com/en-CA/?faq=A28UA4k16v1qjjGuvSFgo8

So it doesn't need the HRV given by the strap, but it's supposed to give better results if using one.

MTA:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix5x/EN-US/GUID-901ACCFC-FB0D-414E-B80C-54970AF4E357.html

As you complete your activity, such as running or cycling, the performance condition feature analyzes your pace, heart rate, and heart rate variability to make a real-time assessment of your ability to perform compared to your average fitness level. It is approximately your real-time percentage deviation from your baseline VO2 max. estimate.

So if your VO2Max is not correct, then performance condition will be bad.