Beginners and Beyond

Veterans Day MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

I just trudged through 6 of the toughest miles that I can remember. I had planned on 8, but running in the teeth of a blizzard hurt! And speaking of inexplicable, there was no anaerobic value post-run. Like, the animals could hear me huffing and puffing like an out of shape pig but apparently my heart rate was not affected.

Anyway, winter sucks. And oh yeah, is it spring yet??

P.S. I wore my trail running shoes and they were good for that.

Runshortii

My max HR is 203 and my garmin has never thought I could run a 2:30 marathon lol. I do like looking at the garmin data and the performance scores and what not, but it's pretty useless all summer with the heat and once I start wearing my watch over layers

I have 5 to do. Debating if I want to wait until it stops snowing or just do it on the treadmill. I guess I should just get used to it since I have mile repeats on wednesday and the realfeel is going to be 4

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are getting snow this afternoon. Running errands since today is a holiday. Tomorrow’s commute will be interesting. 

RD. Got a massage this morning.

Damaris

Cyberic

Got my flu shot. They come to work, it's free (I know, Canada) and all I have to do is walk like 2 minutes to go there, on paid company time, so in these conditions, bring it on!

Runshortii

FYI, Oiselle is having a 25% off sale on their best sellers, which includes the wazzie wool

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I need to schedule my massage appointment.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Got my flu shot. They come to work, it's free (I know, Canada) and all I have to do is walk like 2 minutes to go there, on paid company time, so in these conditions, bring it on!

They are free at my work as well (not in Canada).

onemile

FYI, Oiselle is having a 25% off sale on their best sellers, which includes the wazzie wool

just what I need... 

onemile

They are free at my work as well (not in Canada).

+1

RunningOnSand

It seems that unless I am going balls out on every workout, it'll say I am underperforming and losing fitness.

same

RunningOnSand

I ran 6.5 miles in this. And by "ran", I mean slogged. Big grin  It was as enjoyable as you'd think.

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 6.5 miles in this. And by "ran", I mean slogged. Big grin  It was as enjoyable as you'd think.

This is coming for me too soon, and I'd say it makes me want to die but there is no language strong enough to convey how it makes me feel

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

This is coming for me too soon, and I'd say it makes me want to die but there is no language strong enough to convey how it makes me feel

Solidarity.

Eydawn

Flu shots free and required/mandatory at my work (hospital.) (Not Canada.) Got mine at beginning of October as it's shaping up to be a very gnarly respiratory season.

I'm finally clearing the upper respiratory infection I've been fighting. Kiddo is in the coughing phase, so had to change some plans for this week (who doesn't love re-doing preop clearances? Lol. She's slightly cross eyed, so a minor muscle correction surgery but no anesthesiologist wants a snotty 2 year old to put under outpatient...) 

Hubby is catching the cold. Sorry hubs. About to hit the HIIT full body workout in the bootcamp I'm doing that I missed last week due to this cold, and then off to work.

Things have thawed so it's not a skating rink, hopefully work isn't too fucky tonight... (I worked during a freak ice storm while I was pregnant and it was INSANE the number of patients we got in the region from falls/wrecks. OMG. Memorable, that.)

Hope everyone stays warm that's in a place where the air hurts your face... Happy Monday!

Turtle Speed!

5K PR: 32:32 (Fort Collins Flying Pig 2016)

10K PR: 1:10:48  (Yeti Chase 2016)

Half Marathon PR: 2:54:32 (Yellowstone Half Marathon 2016)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Flu shots free and required/mandatory at my work (hospital.) (Not Canada.) 

+1