Beginners and Beyond

Veterans Day MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

onemile

I have been wearing mine almost every day, no joke. Which one did you get?

PSA I bought the jacquard one with the lightening bolts and the material is heavier which is nice but the fit is much looser. I got a size four and it was baggy like a sweater and not fitted like the other wazzies. so I sent it back.

onemile

I have been wearing mine almost every day, no joke.

they don't stink so you can wear them multiple times!! that is one of the best features. Along with the warmth and the long long sleeves with thumbholes

LRB

Can I somehow trade this for not being cold while diving? It would be a lot more convenient.

Sure. As soon as I figure it out I'll get right back with you!

RunningOnSand

PSA I bought the jacquard one with the lightening bolts and the material is heavier which is nice but the fit is much looser. I got a size four and it was baggy like a sweater and not fitted like the other wazzies. so I sent it back.

I also bought that one, and it is way baggy! I wasn't sure what the fit was supposed to be like so I've been wearing it.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So our idiot Boonville Natural Gas company came out to our house this morning to install a new gas line going to our pole barn. DH told him where he was told the water line was so they could avoid it.......

They hit it, multiple times. Then they couldn't find our meter, so eventually a lazy ass guy from the water department comes, too lazy to get out of his truck, he hands the BNG guys his metal detector to find the water line and the meter which incidentally was buried two feet under ground 🤬

So our water is off, for who knows how long, and we will have to hire a private company to come out and install a new water line, at our expense 🤬🤬🤬

So this week is going to be so fucking lovely!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I also bought that one, and it is way baggy! I wasn't sure what the fit was supposed to be like so I've been wearing it.  

I prefer more fitted for running. The plain green wazzie I got this year is also slightly looser than mine from last year but not by much.  I am sorta tempted to try a size down but I dunno.

sdWhiskers

More interviewing. Candidate today was D3 in track/XC. Looked him up and his PRs are not too far off from my Coach's (who is female). She's having a bit of a laugh about that

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So our idiot Boonville Natural Gas company came out to our house this morning to install a new gas line going to our pole barn. DH told him where he was told the water line was so they could avoid it.......

They hit it, multiple times. Then they couldn't find our meter, so eventually a lazy ass guy from the water department comes, too lazy to get out of his truck, he hands the BNG guys his metal detector to find the water line and the meter which incidentally was buried two feet under ground 🤬

So our water is off, for who knows how long, and we will have to hire a private company to come out and install a new water line, at our expense 🤬🤬🤬

That sucks.

Damaris

LRB

I only bought the one lightweight wool top last winter which felt cold and got drenched underneath my running jacket. When I find a heavier one (I'm sure one will be popping up in my feed now that I've typed the words!) I'll try it with a vest perhaps and see how that works.

LRB

Wow. Boonville seems appropriate for a name!

RunningOnSand

I only bought the one lightweight wool top last winter which felt cold and got drenched underneath my running jacket. When I find a heavier one (I'm sure one will be popping up in my feed now that I've typed the words!) I'll try it with a vest perhaps and see how that works.

That's what I ended up doing last week; I wore the heavier weight 1/2 zip (Wazzie wool deliciousness) with a vest and I actually got hot (this was in 17*F temps!). But not soaking drenched hot. Just nicely hot. Then the WW regulated and the rest of the run was fab. 

RunningOnSand

I prefer more fitted for running. The plain green wazzie I got this year is also slightly looser than mine from last year but not by much.  I am sorta tempted to try a size down but I dunno.

I always struggle with that, too. I wish they had a store, close by, to try things on.

KCRuns

I just ordered my first wazzie wool, I’m excited

I love the wazzie wool!  I bought 3 at the end of last season otherwise I'd be taking advantage of the 25% off sale you posted.

(Apparently during bottomless mimosas last weekend I ordered a bunch of Ink n Burn - not only for me but also some for my SIL.  Anyway, I need to stay away from internet shopping right now.)

KCRuns

Why is that at your expense and not the gas company's who damaged it?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Why is that at your expense and not the gas company's who damaged it?

I asked DH the same question, he said cause he told them where the water line was, or at least where his asshole brother who used to own the property told him.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)