Beginners and Beyond

To Boston or not to Boston MonDAILIES (Read 54 times)

Mmmmm...beer

I never really thought about qualifying, I always had my heart set on qualifying for New York. I am not sure exactly why that is, it just appealed to me more I guess.

It doesn't really matter anymore anyway though, the chances of me qualifying for NYCM are slim, and none. And slim has left the building. lol

I want to qualify for NY, just because the standards are harder, but I have zero desire to run that race, just way too many people.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

I never really thought about qualifying, I always had my heart set on qualifying for New York. I am not sure exactly why that is, it just appealed to me more I guess.

It doesn't really matter anymore anyway though, the chances of me qualifying for NYCM are slim, and none. And slim has left the building. lol

Well, see ... I wasn't going to run a marathon until I knew that I'd be able to BQ.  It was going to be the only marathon I would ever run.  Once I decided to run one before I moved up an AG, and obviously didn't BQ, all of this became irrelevant. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I want to qualify for NY, just because the standards are harder, but I have zero desire to run that race, just way too many people.

I KNOW!!  I couldn't agree more.  And yet I am going to run it next year.  Why, I ask you?  WHY???

chasing the impossible

happylily

NYCM is awesome. It's so well done that you feel like the mass of runners is actually carrying you through the course, to the beat of the chanting from the crowd. I highly recommend it if you ever qualify for it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

Me too.  I missed it by 16 seconds yesterday~!

onemile

BTW, onemile -- that PB is awesome. 

I might have to order it online. I haven't seen it in any stores around here.

bluerun

Super B****

I might have to order it online. I haven't seen it in any stores around here.

The shipping fees are pretty outrageous.  You should just come visit and buy it here. 

chasing the impossible

onemile

The shipping fees are pretty outrageous.  You should just come visit and buy it here. 

$14.88? Ouch.

RSX

Cy if you do run Boston check out that group on RW for a lot of helpful info.  Many book Boston hotels a year in advance, but you can do okay in the burbs especially if your wife will have a car. I live in the burbs and did well having a ride to start and home from finish.

LRB

Rest day for me.  I am surprisingly sore today. 

Protein; it's what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner...or should be. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Andrea, hugs. We will be here when you want.

Damaris

happylily

Andrea, do what is best for your son. He should always have priority in your life.

Cy, Mike (RSX) is right. If you do drive down, then staying outside of downtown is a great idea. A friend of mine from Montreal does that every year. His hotel costs him $99 a night and he takes public transport the morning of the race.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

$14.88? Ouch.

I was going to say I could send you one, but apparently that would cost a pretty penny too -- not $14.88, though!!  About half that.

chasing the impossible

onemile

I was going to say I could send you one, but apparently that would cost a pretty penny too -- not $14.88, though!!  About half that.

They are on sale for $1 off on the website.  So if I bought 14 of them...

bluerun

Super B****

They are on sale for $1 off on the website.  So if I bought 14 of them...

Well, the "best by" date on mine is in 2017... so you could potentially finish them all before they expire. 

chasing the impossible