Beginners and Beyond

To Boston or not to Boston MonDAILIES (Read 54 times)

Cyberic

I think it's hard for those of us who aren't fast enough to qualify on our first try to relate to your indecision. I'm going to have to fight, scratch and claw to be able to qualify so if I ever do, you can be sure I'm going because I will never want to work that hard again.  You obviously have been genetically gifted with some speed so will have lots of opportunities to qualify barring the aforementioned injury, car accident etc.... Hotels are only going to get more expensive.  Every day is a crap shoot. You never know what could happen. If it is something you wouldn't regret not doing if something happened, then don't do it.  If there's even a chance you would regret not doing it should something happen to make you forever unable to do it, then you should sign up.

I'm sorry about that. My intent is not to play it as the guy who's so good he gets to snob what most others would give a lot for. My take on racing in general is rather different from that of most others.

And I'm not one to regret my decisions much. I give a lot of thoughts into my decisions. That is why I feel rushed in this case.

happylily

I'm sorry about that. My intent is not to play it as the guy who's so good he gets to snob what most others would give a lot for. My take on racing in general is rather different from that of most others.

And I'm not one to regret my decisions much. I give a lot of thoughts into my decisions. That is why I feel rushed in this case.

Well, you had 4 months to think about it. So don't start whining about feeling rushed, now. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Ha. You had no idea you would suddenly take on this enormous burden. 

Don't worry about it. It's your life.

Dave

workinprogress11

I think my statement came off more guilt trippy ( Dave) than I intended. I just meant that BQs will come easily to you and that's not something us slower folks can relate too, thus we shouldn't really tell you what to do.

Then I told you what to do, haha.

In the end, you will do what feels right for you no matter what a bunch of running nerds on the interwebs say.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As promised, the FE happened.  I feel like a midget even though I am 5'7". Smile

Damaris

happylily

That's a super awesome picture of the two of you. 

delicate flower

Well, you had 4 months to think about it. So don't start whining about feeling rushed, now. 

Oh snap.

<3

workinprogress11

That's a super awesome picture of the two of you. 

+1

happylily

Oh snap.

Truth is that I did the same thing as Cy and asked the same question, on more than one occasion... 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

8 easy done this morning - and finally received my acceptance email!

Yay!  nose to the grindstone starting in Oct.

happylily

Congrats!

Cyberic

As promised, the FE happened.  I feel like a midget even though I am 5'7". Smile

Ah! That's nice! Very happy to have met you, and maybe next time we get to sit down somewhere comfortable and have a drink or something.

Cyberic

Good for you! Congrats!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ah! That's nice! Very happy to have met you, and maybe next time we get to sit down somewhere comfortable and have a drink or something.

We will!  I just couldn't make you sit with two stomach bug sickies before your first marathon!  It was a blessing since I got ill just after I PMd you the night before.

Damaris

delicate flower

No wonder he BQ'd...it took him like eight steps to cover the distance.

<3