Beginners and Beyond

To Boston or not to Boston MonDAILIES (Read 54 times)

Cyberic

I meant the wire man.

That's because I'm a 2D dude. When I turn sideways, I almost disappear

From the Internet.

Congrats to all the racers this past weekend! I have a LOT of race reports to catch up on.

Today's smart idea: 3 mile warmup, 1 mile time trial (road, not track), 3 mile cooldown. Two words for that: MOTHERFUCKING OUCH. 6:58.19 for the mile - lost some fitness compared to where I was in June, but still managed my first-ever sub-7 mile so I suppose that's OK Smile

Cyberic

You've had an actual race photo as your avi before.

Forgot about that. I prefer an avatar to an actual pic, just because 

Cyberic

Congrats to all the racers this past weekend! I have a LOT of race reports to catch up on.

Today's smart idea: 3 mile warmup, 1 mile time trial (road, not track), 3 mile cooldown. Two words for that: MOTHERFUCKING OUCH. 6:58.19 for the mile - lost some fitness compared to where I was in June, but still managed my first-ever sub-7 mile so I suppose that's OK Smile

Hey, congrats on the mile trial! Your recovery seems to be going well!

bluerun

Super B****

Apropos of nothing... Facebook tells me that on this day in 2011, I ran my first-ever sub-8:00 mile.  (That might also have been the run when my pelvis first started to tell me that it was about to break into half a dozen pieces, but that's neither here nor there.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

How did you lose fitness yet run your fastest ever mile?  

onemile

Some of us have never tried a one mile time trial before?

LRB

Apropos of nothing... Facebook tells me that on this day in 2011, I ran my first-ever sub-8:00 mile.  (That might also have been the run when my pelvis first started to tell me that it was about to break into half a dozen pieces, but that's neither here nor there.)

Two ways to look at that, the other is how far you've come.

RSX

I had not heard about this.  Sad.

Canadian Running Magazine had it on FB. I can't link the story on my phone. It is sad

LRB

Some of us have never tried a one mile time trial before?

Said no runner ever. Tongue 

bluerun

Super B****

Time to find a mile race! 

chasing the impossible

From the Internet.

According to McMillan, my 5K in June predicted a 6:35ish mile, and today's time trial predicts an equivalent 5K time of 24:11 - thus, I have lost fitness, but probably not as much as I would have if I hadn't cross-trained my life away all summer.

To be fair I also hadn't been doing *any* training at 1 mi pace in the spring so the pain and misery of the mile was totally new to me, and this mile was only my second workout since coming back, so maybe I'll be more fit than I think given a few more consistent weeks of running.

onemile

I haven't ever.

I think my fastest mile ever was the 6:35 I ran in last Wednesday's workout.

From my HM yesterday, McMillan says 5:44 lololololol

bluerun

Super B****

Two ways to look at that, the other is how far you've come.

Oh, my pelvis didn't break because of that mile, I assure you.  (Though it does make me happy that it was harder to run THAT mile than this year's Fifth Avenue Mile.)

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I will never run a mile race or time trial.  No time for dying and going to the hospital.

Damaris