Beginners and Beyond

To Boston or not to Boston MonDAILIES (Read 54 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I haven't ever.

I think my fastest mile ever was the 6:35 I ran in last Wednesday's workout.

From my HM yesterday, McMillan says 5:44 lololololol

I don't think that's so funny.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I haven't ever.

That's not uncommon actually, I didn't until I started racing it. My first (and only) was sandwiched between 800's FFS.

One word for that; hideous. lol it was like 40 seconds slower than my mile PR at the time!

Cyberic

I haven't ever.

I think my fastest mile ever was the 6:35 I ran in last Wednesday's workout.

From my HM yesterday, McMillan says 5:44 lololololol

That sounds crazy to you? It shouldn't. I ran a 5:45 1600m time trial when my left leg was partly injured. In fact that 1600m is what totally ruined it. I quit track training with the club after that. But my point is that it is not out of your league, at all.

LRB

According to McMillan, my 5K in June predicted a 6:35ish mile, and today's time trial predicts an equivalent 5K time of 24:11 - thus, I have lost fitness, but probably not as much as I would have if I hadn't cross-trained my life away all summer.

To be fair I also hadn't been doing *any* training at 1 mi pace in the spring so the pain and misery of the mile was totally new to me, and this mile was only my second workout since coming back, so maybe I'll be more fit than I think given a few more consistent weeks of running.

Not sure I would use a training run for the sake of comparing equivalents (actually I wouldn't) but I get your point.

Keep running, you will get all that was lost and then some.

onemile

That sounds crazy to you? It shouldn't. I ran a 5:45 1600m time trial when my left leg was partly injured. In fact that 1600m is what totally ruined it. I quit track training with the club after that. But my point is that it is not out of your league, at all.

For some reason, I really struggle to run "fast" (relative).  I can't seem to hit the shorter distance times that my half marathons predict anymore.  McMillan says I should be about to do 6:25 for a 5k. But I am absolutely sure I can't. It's not a problem that most people have.

LRB

For some reason, I really struggle to run "fast" (relative).  I can't seem to hit the shorter distance times that my half marathons predict anymore.  McMillan says I should be about to do 6:25 for a 5k. But I am absolutely sure I can't. It's not a problem that most people have.

You have to train for that. In weather that is conducive to running fast and racing, not ice fishing.

B-Plus

As promised, the FE happened.  I feel like a midget even though I am 5'7". Smile

Whoa!

bluerun

Super B****

You have to train for that. In weather that is conducive to running fast and racing, not ice fishing.

You're such a weather Goldilocks!

chasing the impossible

onemile

I signed up for a winter ice fishing series. The first event is Oct 18th. I'm not sure the ice will be frozen yet.

LRB

You're such a weather Goldilocks!

Smooches. 

LRB

I signed up for a winter ice fishing series. The first event is Oct 18th. I'm not sure the ice will be frozen yet.

Rumor has it we're in for a mild winter, but we know how those things go. Yeah, probably not.

Cyberic

Rumor has it we're in for a mild winter, but we know how those things go. Yeah, probably not.

I heard the same, and had the same reaction you had.

bluerun

Super B****

I heard the same, and had the same reaction you had.

Where did you hear that?  Because I heard the opposite.

chasing the impossible

LRB

There's some kind of el beenyo forming in a land far far away from here that's supposedly bringing warmer than usual air this winter. It's been widely reported, around these parts anyway.

But again, paint me skeptical after the frozen ***** we've experienced here the past two winters!

workinprogress11

From your mouth to Mother Nature's ears. I could use a nice mild winter after last year.