Beginners and Beyond

To Boston or not to Boston MonDAILIES (Read 54 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

There's some kind of el beenyo forming in a land far far away from here that's supposedly bringing warmer than usual air this winter. It's been widely reported, around these parts anyway.

But again, paint me skeptical after the frozen ***** we've experienced here the past two winters!

Yea, but "warmer" could mean temps just around freezing. When it is sub zero temps, there isn't enough moisture for snow or other frozen shit. So if "warms" to just around freezing, could mean more snow. Pretty sure east coast they are predicting more precipitation than last year. And we tend to get nailed with el nino.

Rest day.

bluerun

Super B****

Yea, but "warmer" could mean temps just around freezing. When it is sub zero temps, there isn't enough moisture for snow or other frozen shit. So if "warms" to just around freezing, could mean more snow. Pretty sure east coast they are predicting more precipitation than last year. And we tend to get nailed with el nino.

Rest day.

Go away.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Go away.

So reading more about el nino, LRB may wind up "nicer" winter weather than us east coasters. Increased frequency of nor'easters. Yipee.

Cyberic

Warmer temps may also mean more freezing rain, which makes the streets un-runnable. That is worse than -40, to me.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy weekend...did 3 races, a 5K Saturday morning, an 8K Saturday evening, and a 5K Sunday morning  All my reports - and the tons of photos I do for all my reports, lol - are on the front page somewhere.   Today is a rest day from running!

Weekend football kinda sucked.  Oklahoma State whomped my university's team 69-14, sheesh. Then the Damn Dallas Cowboys won..Longhorns lost by ONE STUPID POINT because the idiot kicker missed the extra point.....it's a good thing I don't gamble, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

Warmer temps may also mean more freezing rain, which makes the streets un-runnable. That is worse than -40, to me.

I agree. With the bitter cold we had last year, the snow overstayed its welcome. I was stuck on the treadmill weekdays because no way am I running on ice in the dark.

LRB

Weekend football kinda sucked.

The Vikings pummeled my beloved Lions into an unrecognizable heap of pooh.

LRB

Nothing is worse than -40 degree temps. And after the past two winters here, nothing is worse than -anything. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

At least you team didn't make the Raiders look good.

LRB

At least you team didn't make the Raiders look good.

Not yet, the Raiders will be here November 11 and we will oblige at that time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rumor has it we're in for a mild winter, but we know how those things go. Yeah, probably not.

Crap.  If you guys get a mild winter, I get no winter at all!

Damaris

cjones1

I'm a Bears fan, so...

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

I'm a Bears fan, so...

We can drink together. First round's on me FFS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

onemile

Then there is this:

http://www.runnersworld.com/boston-marathon/it-just-became-even-tougher-to-get-into-boston

"In 2014, nearly 10,000 runners tried to sign up for the approximately 8,000 remaining spots. Runners ultimately had to notch times at least 1:02 or faster to make it into the race."

So this year, there are 5,000 spots left for week two. So half of who apply in the last week probably won't get in.