Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: WTF? (Read 45 times)

LRB

Speaking of MRT, mine is 12 weeks long and begins August 16.

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in forever and have about 4-6 lbs I would like to drop before I start training.

In my case, that basically comes down to just dropping the alcohol for about a month or so.

Easily said, easily done.

B-Plus

Today is our national holiday, I have a day off. Going for a medium LR, then off to friends for a BBQ. Looks like a gorgeous day for that. Then tomorrow I'm off for two weeks on vacation.

Have a great day, everyone and bonne St-Jean, Cy!

Is Quebec a country? 

B-Plus

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in forever and have about 4-6 lbs I would like to drop before I start training.

In my case, that basically comes down to just dropping the alcohol for about a month or so.

Easily said, easily done.

happylily

Is Quebec a country? 

Today it is, yes.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hello dailies:

Boon - congrats on surviving (and doing well at) your first tri

Lily, Cy - happy "national" day

Lots going on today -  my freezer iced over completely, stopping air flow to the fridge, rendering some stuff ruined.  At least it didn't happen right after shopping.  Defrosting it to see if that solves the issue before having to call for repair.  Then mowing, then trying to get my POS string trimmer working. Running at some point later too.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Will this mean you won't be posting strength workouts as much anymore?  That makes me sad.

If you know like I know, you will be lucky to get in one day of strength training during MRT let alone three.

Lol I am hoping that I will have been doing both long enough to last at least half way through MRT, we will just have see though. Either the time will be cut down, or days, or intensity (weights/reps).

Most importantly I am just going to make sure to listen to my body. Right now I currently don't have a complete rest day unless I wake up and feel it is needed. I will need one during MRT though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Are you a little bit sad you are not doing the Freep this year? I sort of am. Very glad I was finally able to run that, before leaving town.

Dave

From the Internet.

FreeSoul - I lifted through HM training and plan to continue through MRT too. I only go twice a week though, I just have a hard time finding more time than that since I go during the workday, and do full-body compound lifts, no more than 8 reps per set.

I'll add weight or do some heavy triples if I'm feeling good, just maintain or cut the volume a bit if I'm tired. It's not optimal strength or hypertrophy progress, but I like doing it and I definitely think that doing *something* helps with preventing injuries/imbalances. Lifting on running workout days works well for me since I run AM and lift PM. The leg work doesn't affect my quality paces that way and the next day can be just easy recovery miles.

onemile

That makes me feel a little bit better.

LRB

That makes me feel a little bit better.

Yep, there is plenty of time to right the ships.

Dave, I actually was not sure at this time last year what I was doing beyond 2014. After running it for the second time last fall though, I was satisfied enough that I could move on from it.

Ultimately it's all about being in that starting corral on a cool, crisp morning in the fall (for me anyway), regardless of where that is.

I am not sure how many more of the stupid things I can train for so each time I line up for one, I am going to run like it is my last.

#leaveitallonthecourse

LRB

I did my first triathlon last night, which wraps up three races in seven days.  I'm tired.  7 easy miles planned after work.

What would you run if you were not tired? FFS.

Congrats. I am most impressed by the size of your swim ( what?). That is coming from someone who did not learn how to swim until he was 42 though, so there is that.

onemile

Yep, there is plenty of time to right the ships.

Ultimately it's all about being in that starting corral on a cool, crisp morning in the fall (for me anyway), regardless of where that is.

I am not sure how many more of the stupid things I can train for so each time I line up for one, I am going to run like it is my last.

#leaveitallonthecourse

Yeah, same here.

I have never had a good month of running in June and always been okay for my fall races.

LRB

Yeah, same here.

I have never had a good month of running in June and always been okay for my fall races.

Yeah last June you didn't even run at all (or very little) and killed it 5 months later.

Cyberic

Lauren, 4:15   that's dedication

Baboon, congrats!

Lily, bonne St-Jean à toi aussi!

Thanks Jay.

B+, you know we don't want it to be a country. It's just fine as it is. We're such a loving people!

All others, I hope you're having a glorious day. I'm such a loving people!

Ran an easy 10 today. Very happy with that. I thought of Half Crazy's comment about involving the core, and one of Slymoon about bringing the navel to the spine, and it essentially had the same result to prevent the pain, while much less ackward than the butt squeezing

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Quick break for lunch.  How is everybody?

Damaris